Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
"94 sdn deville R.I.P." 91 sedan deville 1978 eldorado
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1994 sdv and had plans on putting on somthing down the line of a flowmaster delta40 or simalar series but im concerned about any valves or sensors that may be affected by this change in flow

so any comments about do-donts :hmm: *or if i should even do it due to the dmg to the engine it may cause?*
thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do you have a 4.9 or North*? I have a 91 SDV 4.9 and you will find very little performance gain in adding a flow. The stock exhaust although curvy is 2.25 mandrel bent stainless steel and is quite nice, so right away its running low back pressure. If you add a flow it wont drop backpressure significantly to affect anything, I ran mine with no muffler and its a bit loud but sounds awesome. I ended up going with a 40 series, i think its a bit quiet but probably just right to get some sound out of the caddy, it does get a bit high if you rev it up with no load, a resonator or glasspack might remedy this,:stirpot: but take some sound away. I dunno I've always cut off the muffler drove it arround for a couple days and used that time to see about what it puts out with nothing to make my descision on what to put on it.

·
Registered
"94 sdn deville R.I.P." 91 sedan deville 1978 eldorado
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its the 4.9l im thinkin about getting the 1in2 out flow to get the dual pipe look

thanks for the tips n info :lildevil: im gonna see if i can get my self a 91 allante intake manifold for some extra horses but its all up to if i can find one.....

would i be able to go through like advance or would i need to go through gm, that is if i cant find an allante at a junk yard

·
Registered
51 Posts
I do believe if you went to smoe partshouse like advanced, they would probably sell you a generic 4.5 intake, cause it will work too, thye wont be able to fufil your exotic request so they will fufill it generically. You'll just have to be lucky and find one at a junkyard or ebay, nothings impossible. Just remember the fuel rails are differant too, so you may have to do something about the way the fuel lines hook up, i havent looekd behind an alante intake, i jsut know the alante uses the nice aluinum fuel rails.

-The Cadillac Rancher

1 - 4 of 4 Posts