Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a new car wash by my grandma's house. $12 for a complete exterior hand carwash. They scrubbed the wheels, cleaned in all the crevices, and when they are done, they even blow all the water out of all the seams so you don't get water running out of them as you drive away. Incredible. so I wanted to share, since this is her first hand car wash in about a year (yes I am that bad.)

Post some pics of your own freshly bathed baby girls.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
that is a lot of stuff for only $12 plus tip.. good find!

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only had $13 on me, and after the work they did, I felt guilty with only $1 tip. I will make it up the next time I go there.

For anyone in the west chicago suburbs, I dont know their name (it just said hand car wash out front) but they are on the corner of North Ave and Roy St in Northlake.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
there is a detailing shops in ontario called fine details that is $15 for a hand wash and they even clean your rims, which is a good deal for those of us witn big wheels that are a pain to clean.
but $12 is cheaper.
i usually go to a car wash at a gas station that is touchless, it just sprays soap wax rain-x and stuff like that on the car and high pressure washes is off. its $10 but i usually get them for free, every time i show up with my car dirty the gas attendents say "man you need to keep that clean...go wash it" and they print off a promo wash...even the owner does it lol

CAR LOOKS GREAT BTW

·
Registered
41,009 Posts

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Yep Jimmy, they clean up REAL PURDY...Inside and Out (my own personal detailing)! :yup:

Ted
honestly though, the wood kit killed it for me :(

·
Registered
05' CTS 3.6L Sport\Luxury & 05' CTS 3.6L Luxury
40 Posts
honestly though, the wood kit killed it for me :(
Nope, wouldn't do it to my wife's CTS, but mine came with the kit installed (both are pre-owned CTS's)! I'd have bought my Sport\Luxury CTS without it, but it has grown on me, kind of like it HERE !

Ted

·
Registered
CTS
303 Posts
The CTS is such a small car it easy to clean. I polish mine with autoglym every few months, so the paint work is always spotless anyway.

·
Registered
04' CTS 3.6L
163 Posts
The CTS is such a small car it easy to clean. I polish mine with autoglym every few months, so the paint work is always spotless anyway.
Not really sure what type of cars you have had in the past but by no means is the CTS a small car to clean. The front end alone takes more time than my past cars.

·
Registered
05' CTS 3.6L Sport\Luxury & 05' CTS 3.6L Luxury
40 Posts
I'd classify the CTS as a Mid-Size sedan, but I do find it Is Easy to cleaner' up!! The Caddy White Diamond Clear Coat finish is 1st Class and Detailing it is quick and simple. :thumbsup:

Ted

·
Registered
CTS
303 Posts
Not really sure what type of cars you have had in the past but by no means is the CTS a small car to clean. The front end alone takes more time than my past cars.
I can get mine clean and dry in ten minutes. We have a power washer and the Autoglym makes it extremely easy to clean. Applying the Autoglym every 4-6 months takes a couple of hours though.

Compared to our SUV its pretty small.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts