Cadillac Owners Forum banner

iSimple

9K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Rus-Richmond 
#1 ·
I have an 08 Escalade. The previous owner installed some iSimple device. In my center console I have a wire with a 3.5mm plug in and another wire with the Apple 30 pin plug in. I just bought an iPod nano, hooked up those wires, and nothing. I can select "iPod" in the XM section of the nav radio screen, but all that shows up is "no iPod connected". Maybe the wires aren't connected? For all I know they could be duct taped to the back of the radio!

I have no idea what model iSimple this is. Anyone know where I should start troubleshooting? (Before tearing into my dash? :bouncy: )

#4 ·
Makes me kind of glad that I removed my PAC aka Isimple adapter. I use AUX with the multimedia kit I paid 50$ for and doesn't mess with my XM presets I hated my PAC and Isimple adapter it blew my navigation good thing the dealer fixed for me knowing I had messed with my radio. You should remove it they suck anyways.

#5 ·
Ill have to try the 3.5 mm. I thought maybe it was the 30 pin adapter for my nano, maybe that messed with it. Actually, I originally thought the adapter wasn't hooked up. If that was the case, I shouldn't have the selection for "iPod" in the XM screen, correct? I'm able to select iPod, so after thinking about it I figure it's connected.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun. I ran out of the store and plugged it in. No music on it. I assumed even without music the adapter would realize "something" is connected. I may just go exchange the nano toward a regular iPod.

Spyshops, do you have a link for your kit?
Rich, does your isimple work with a full size iPod?

This post has been deleted
#14 ·
Hey guys! Greetings from Russia! i have 2007 Escalade from U.S. (not DUBAI and Russian), and already bought isimple gateway, plug by XM channel. it's chargers iphone, but doesn't work -> no XM channel written. Who can help me please?

----------

Like this is up to my car too. Searching a channel, but can't find. No XM channels.

#9 ·
I returned the nano but I haven't bought a different ipod because now I can't get the iPod selection under my XM tab. My XM trial is active now and when I go to ch. 1 all that shows up is XM preview. All the tuning knob does is switch to another XM channel. Lol what's going on? How do I get the iPod selection back?

#11 ·
Thanks for the video. I'm going to check it out. Also, I sort of got it to work. I bought an iPod touch. I can get it to play through the iPod with the headphone jack and the aux 2 setting. It still says no iPod connected when using the 30 pin plugin.

So the isimple is connected behind the radio? I remember something about an adapter being connected to the XM module behind the glovebox (must have been a different iPod adapter?)

#12 ·
I got it to work! Thanks for the help guys. Someone had the aux cable and a Bluetooth module plugged into the Gateway and the iPod cable was just sitting behind the dash. I unplugged the aux cable so now I've got my iPod and Bluetooth. Couldn't have worked out any better! (Once I figure out how to use the Bluetooth part)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.