Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the process of the isc motor relearn. i am going to change mine tomorrow and hear that it is very important to do the relearn but i have no idea how. i am really hoping not to ruin this car.

thanks

eric

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ekvisto said:
does anyone know the process of the isc motor relearn. i am going to change mine tomorrow and hear that it is very important to do the relearn but i have no idea how. i am really hoping not to ruin this car.

thanks

eric
http://www.caddyinfo.com/idlelearn.htm
here is the link to do it.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
He specified an "ISC" which doesn't require an "Idle Learn" session. Only IAC's do. And BTW, a MUCH simpler method for doing an "Idle Learn" is as follows:
With engine "Running" - Accelerate vehicle to over 30mph or run engine at 2000rpm. Ground ALDL diagnostic test terminal "B" for 10 seconds, then remove ground. Turn ignition OFF, then restart engine and check for proper idle.
Engine NOT Running - Turn ignition ON with engine OFF. Ground ALDL diagnostic test terminal "B" for 5 seconds to seat IAC pintle. Remove ground to retract pintle valve. Turn ignition OFF for 10 seconds. Start engine and check for proper idle.
One last point. When doing an IAC R&R, if you disconnect the IAC after the ignition has been OFF for 10 seconds (to allow the ECM/PCM to "Park" the valve), and are replacing it with a NEW one, no idle learn is req'd.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok any takers on this? i have replaced the isc, did a relearn procedure, maybe i did not have to, and the car is running at 2k rpm. after abt 15 min of idleing it went to 1500 but never below. i tried to go for a drive to see if that would help and there is now a knocking when it is under load. if it is park or neutral and your rev the engine, no knock. i am abt ready to push it into lake michigan. i need to get more then a 400 mile drive home from ohio for what i spent. any ideas before i bite the bullet adn take it to a mechanic for undoubebly really bad news.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
ekvisto said:
ok any takers on this? i have replaced the isc, did a relearn procedure, maybe i did not have to, and the car is running at 2k rpm. after abt 15 min of idleing it went to 1500 but never below. i tried to go for a drive to see if that would help and there is now a knocking when it is under load. if it is park or neutral and your rev the engine, no knock. i am abt ready to push it into lake michigan. i need to get more then a 400 mile drive home from ohio for what i spent. any ideas before i bite the bullet adn take it to a mechanic for undoubebly really bad news.
This is a guess and only a guess.
Disconnect the battery for about 15 mins and then see if that will work
logically it should reset the settings back to factory specs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
newest. i just drove the car and the knocking is gone. it still runs abt 2k but when you shift from park to drive and back it will kick it down to under 1500. i also have a e098 code which makes no sense to me because i think that is the isc code. there is also a e062 which i think is a cruise vacuum selinoid problem. could this be caused b a bad vacuum? would it not have always been present adn not occassionally? i am going to disconnect the battery adn see if that helps me out at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts