Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How often do you drive your RWD Cadillac?

• Mine is a trailer whore. Less than 10 miles a year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a truck driver and drive my Cadillac more than 15k/year

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So how often do you drive your RWD boat Cadillac?

My 1991 Brougham d'Elegance(350 TBI Chevy) is my only car, so I drive it rain, sleet, snow, or sunshine. I live in Nashville, where the roads never get salted. I'd never drive a beautiful, rust free car like mine through a Buffalo, New York style 8 month winter.

I've had mine for 9 months and have put 10k miles on it. Absolutely zero problems other than a sagging headliner, messed up factory CD/tape player, sorry riding tires, and a throttle position sensor. This has to be the most reliable car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade ESV
417 Posts
Mine was out of commission last week, and I had to drive my daughters '84 280ZX. Nice car but I am SOO glad to be back in the Lac.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Mine was a daily driver for almost 2 years. It has been a garage queen for 2 years now, winning trophies at almost every show I take it to.

·
Registered
1988 Fleetwood Brougham
72 Posts
I promised myself I would drive it more often this summer. I only put about 500 miles on it last year... if that. I bought the car in April of 2007, and I think Ive put maybe 1200 miles on it. I have a Saab convertible to get me around town and back and forth to work, a Silverado for further road trips, and the Cadillac is just for nice summer weekends. I've been using the Silverado as the daily driver now, because the Saab has a bad head gasket... Its been a PITA so far changing it out. Hopefully be next week I will have that project finished.

·
Registered
'09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '05 Ford Crown Vic Sport
2,241 Posts
I drive my '84 DeVille full-time in the summer. Soon as the snow flies it goes into storage for the winter. It would look like swiss cheese if I went through a Michigan winter with the Blue Behemoth. Been driving my 1997 Cavalier lately, though. My starter conked out last week, and it's been raining like crazy here. Gonna fix it tomorrow if it isn't raining.

·
Registered
'91 Brougham 5.7
257 Posts
Bought my car in October 2007 with just over 140,000 Kms on it. It just clicked over to 160,000 kms last week. It's been driven virtually every day rain or shine.......errrr.....I'm in Canada, so rain, SNOW or shine:thumbsup:

It's my only transport.

Martin.

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
My FWB used to be my daily driver in the warm months, but now will be only partly driven during warm months and stored the rest of the year. My new daily is a Ram 2500 12 valve :D

The '68 will only be driven on rare occasion as a weekend vehicle... it has never seen salt and will never see it, rain either.

·
Registered
1991 Sedan Deville
2,932 Posts
Bought my car in October 2007 with just over 140,000 Kms on it. It just clicked over to 160,000 kms last week. It's been driven virtually every day rain or shine.......errrr.....I'm in Canada, so rain, SNOW or shine:thumbsup:

It's my only transport.

Martin.
Wow, that looks beautiful on the outside. The snow in Toronto isn't as bad as it is here though ;P

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
I've no problem pressing the 77 into service in a pinch. I had to just a couple weeks ago when the ETC got sideswiped and was in the shop for a week, and last summer I drove her to NJ and back without a second thought. What a fabulous car! Just getting behind the wheel makes me smile!

Just got the 69 in December, and she's still under reconstruction, so she's just getting local workouts for now. Although, I did drive her from Tucson, AZ, to LA with nothing but a change of battery and wiper blades and she took it all in stride.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Mine is my summer car. Its going away before the first snow of the year and I will be driving either my '88 or whatever other car I may pick up between now and then. I am looking at an Avalon that a friend from school is possibly selling.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
My Barbara Ann has been a daily driver for three years and just under 18,000 miles. I can't wait to get her out of Ohio and the rivers of salt.

Every garage I take her to complements me on how immaculate and rust free the undercarriage is. There are a few rust holes showing up above the chrome around the rear wheel-wells and the rear bumper is beginning to cave in. Being that this car is my pride and joy and I have no intentions of replacing her, I plan on doing a full, frame-off, restoration in ten or fifteen years.

·
Registered
'96 FWB; '96 STS
207 Posts
Mr. Moby has been my daily driver since I bought it, about 5 years ago. Soon, after I transfer some suspension parts, Bluezer will take over that role.

·
Registered
1977 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
44 Posts
77 coupe deville I ride her around connecticut every day, my only whip and I couldn't ask for a better one

·
Registered
86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB
922 Posts
My car only just recently started showing rust on the rear fenders, after 20 years of New England winters. I taped them off, sanded them, put primer and then touched them up as best I could, but the paint in the area is so brittle and worn, pieces came of with the tape as i removed it.

I like living in New England, but my car probably doesn't.

·
Registered
1990 Brougham
105 Posts
Damballa has been all i could ever ask for and so much more as my first car. i drive about 5 miles to school every day (still in high school :angst:) on top of that, theres driving all over the place to see friends and sometimes i end up being their taxi service so the miles add up quick. but somehow its only 123,500. i bought her with 119,000. she made it thru what im pretty sure was her first salty, nasty connecticut winter with very few problems. i never actually drove in snow but the remaining salt does awful things. small rust spots along the rocker panel trim grew to double their size and what was a perfect rear bumper has started to blister and crack. thankfuly the frame is still spotless.

·
Registered
95 triple black fwb
890 Posts
heres my d/d , kinda hard to follow 96fleetwoods car, LOL

this fleetwood has 186k, and will be shipped to Maui with me
as soon as my house here is sold

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Fleetwood
101 Posts
My 93 has been my d/d for 4 faithful years. Bought him with 135k miles on the dash. 68k miles and $2500 in tickets later, still can't see me without it. My job transferred me downtown for about 6 months, I took the train. Even though I saved about 60 bucks a week on gas, I was miserable. More scratches than actual paint, clear coat is gone to hell, my seat bracket broke, and rust and showing up on top of the car and in the rear bumper. Still the sweetest car on my block...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts