• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Devil_concours said:
Mine is too loud for my taste

Mine whines, howls, and clunks. LOL
I never had any complaints with the 3.6 engine or the transmission..those both seemed world class. My rear differential sure did whine though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My cts whines between 1800 and 2000 rpms. Not rear diff.[already had one replaced].Diagnosed as transmission pump.GM admits noise and states "normal".Anybody else with this problem?GM rep states they are working on this and will not replace.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mrmusic88 said:
My cts whines between 1800 and 2000 rpms. Not rear diff.[already had one replaced].Diagnosed as transmission pump.GM admits noise and states "normal".Anybody else with this problem?GM rep states they are working on this and will not replace.
mine does. It used to whine only a little bit but now it's extremely whiny

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have posted on this previously in other "whine" topics. My 05' 3.6L (October 04' build) has a strong front engine whine between 1800 - 2500 RPM. You hear it loudly under normal acceleration conditions and if you just rev the engine to those RPM's while in park or neutral. I was stuck in Wash DC traffic this week and the whine drove me nuts as I couldn't escape the stop and go traffic, thus the 1800 -2500 RPM range. You do not necessarily hear the whine at idle, highway speeds or during hard acceleration. I brought mine back to the dealer and we we listened to three other 05' 3.6L Cadillac's (2 CTS's and 1 SRX) and they all had the same front engine whine, thus the dealers conclusion was that the whine sound is NORMAL. I also turned in a 03' 5 speed CTS on the new 05' CTS and the 03' 3.2 L CTS was much quieter overall with no whine sound as compared to my new 05' 3.6L. In my opinion, it's a cheap sound and should not be heard on a Cadillac. This issue has really put a cloud over my entusiasm for my new 05' CTS.

Do the 04' 3.6L engines have this front engine whine sound ? After reading many posts, I am beginning to feel that this is a 05' 3.6L issue ??? Thoughts ?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gpz1 said:
I have posted on this previously in other "whine" topics. My 05' 3.6L (October 04' build) has a strong front engine whine between 1800 - 2500 RPM. You hear it loudly under normal acceleration conditions and if you just rev the engine to those RPM's while in park or neutral. I was stuck in Wash DC traffic this week and the whine drove me nuts as I couldn't escape the stop and go traffic, thus the 1800 -2500 RPM range. You do not necessarily hear the whine at idle, highway speeds or during hard acceleration. I brought mine back to the dealer and we we listened to three other 05' 3.6L Cadillac's (2 CTS's and 1 SRX) and they all had the same front engine whine, thus the dealers conclusion was that the whine sound is NORMAL. I also turned in a 03' 5 speed CTS on the new 05' CTS and the 03' 3.2 L CTS was much quieter overall with no whine sound as compared to my new 05' 3.6L. In my opinion, it's a cheap sound and should not be heard on a Cadillac. This issue has really put a cloud over my entusiasm for my new 05' CTS.

Do the 04' 3.6L engines have this front engine whine sound ? After reading many posts, I am beginning to feel that this is a 05' 3.6L issue ??? Thoughts ?
i have the 04 3.6 that whines. Do you live in wash dc area? If you do maybe you can test drive mine to compare it to yours.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My '05 3.6 whines at all rpm's. It is strongest while in gear and pulling the cars weight, but is prominent even while reving a little in park. I'm going to ask my dealer for a meeting with the regional GM service rep.

Also see my previous thread, "Engine Whine, Anyone?"

·
Registered
38 Posts
My dealer(in nj) keeps refering to #pip3127-(sep3,2004).The area rep will not listen to my vehicle until i get two other dealerships to comfirm noise not normal. More of us who have this whine should continue calling cadillac to complain! I call customer service and their response is that they are "working" on it.The service manager at my dealership tells me to play the radio louder.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mrmusic88 said:
My dealer(in nj) keeps refering to #pip3127-(sep3,2004).The area rep will not listen to my vehicle until i get two other dealerships to comfirm noise not normal. More of us who have this whine should continue calling cadillac to complain! I call customer service and their response is that they are "working" on it.The service manager at my dealership tells me to play the radio louder.
maybe we should make some sort of owners contact list and send it over to cadillac so that they may call us to confirm that our cars noisy. I'm seriously getting sick and tired of playing my music louder to compensate for the noise

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts
What the hell is wrong with you guys? A real mans car makes noise. Where are the hard lifters, the gear drive cams, the loping idle, the rock crusher transmissions, the steel pack mufflers? You all sound like girly men. By the way, my CTS is as quiet as a mouse.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
dkozloski said:
What the hell is wrong with you guys? A real mans car makes noise. Where are the hard lifters, the gear drive cams, the loping idle, the rock crusher transmissions, the steel pack mufflers? You all sound like girly men. By the way, my CTS is as quiet as a mouse.
Get your meaning Kozloski,
My Corvette engine whines, purrs and screams but I love it for a bout 30 minutes. Then I'm ready for the CTS :yup: Girly Men? That's a California Gov. word. You're gonna piss the boys off!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts
Who the heck ever took their ride to the drive-in to show all the chicky babes how quiet it was? This must be something the "Blue Staters" dreamed up. We had "Cherry Bomb" mufflers, laker plugs, and cut-outs. Haven't you guys ever heard a bull elk in rut? You must be the guys that showed up at the street-light drags with a Vespa scooter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When a vehicle makes a noise that cadillac admits is a concern,I donot think that is girly men complaining.I also own a H-D roadking classic and have been riding for 36 years.There is a differance between true roar and mechanical malfunction.Maybe those of us that have this problem can accomplish something positive without jerks like you wasting our time on this thread.

·
Registered
493 Posts
mrmusic88 said:
When a vehicle makes a noise that cadillac admits is a concern,I donot think that is girly men complaining.I also own a H-D roadking classic and have been riding for 36 years.There is a differance between true roar and mechanical malfunction.Maybe those of us that have this problem can accomplish something positive without jerks like you wasting our time on this thread.
LOL,

Mrmusic, I believe he's kidding. Take a breath. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
mrmusic88 said:
Not funny when one has a problem with a 40 thousand dollar car and is looking to get productive info.
Maybe it would be better to ignore his post, instead of calling him names? :rolleyes2

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dkozloski said:
Who the heck ever took their ride to the drive-in to show all the chicky babes how quiet it was? This must be something the "Blue Staters" dreamed up. We had "Cherry Bomb" mufflers, laker plugs, and cut-outs. Haven't you guys ever heard a bull elk in rut? You must be the guys that showed up at the street-light drags with a Vespa scooter.
i didn't have those when i was growing up :D Look at my age
When i was growing up, i learned the arts of forced induction system especially big single turbos which allows you to kill just about anything from a roll.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts