Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds and feels kinda rough on the tranny? Is this normal. Bot just the STS-V but I have noticed the jerkyness etc. on all cars I have driven with manual Automatic shifting Especially slowing down and dropping it into 2nd or 1st?

·
Registered
2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V
133 Posts
Sounds and feels kinda rough on the tranny? Is this normal. Bot just the STS-V but I have noticed the jerkyness etc. on all cars I have driven with manual Automatic shifting Especially slowing down and dropping it into 2nd or 1st?
:eek:
Even in manual mode my STS-V will still downshift as the speeds drop.
It won't downshift just by flooring the throttle , but when the car slows.
Don't think i would do what your describing to slow the car down, the brakes are much cheaper to replace than the tranny/engine.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't think i would do what your describing to slow the car down, the brakes are much cheaper to replace than the tranny/engine.

Yeah I had a 5 speed Pontiac Formula before and always downshift coming to a stop. I didn't realize the STS does this for you already.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
not if you lease it!!!:shhh:...

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
i had that problem, slowing down to a corner or comming to a speed bump, it would shift hard to first..hated it!!

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
I never manually downshift. I believe it states to "not manually downshift" in the owners manual. Or has some restrictions about it.
This is all I could find mentioning downshifting the car.

"While using the DSC feature the vehicle will have firmer shifting and increased performance.
You can use this for sport driving or when climbing/descending hills to stay in gear longer or to down shift for more power or
engine braking. The transmission will allow you to shift to the gear selected and will automatically downshift when the vehicle comes to a stop. This will allow for more power during take-off and passing.
"

I'm going to guess if they're saying you can downshift the car and use engine braking, they don't care about you downshifting ?

I also experience a hard downshift in manual mode when the car is going from 2nd to 1st, not all the time, but definitely at least half the times
I'm doing it. I wonder if this is common with most/some/all STS-V owners or a possible sign the transmission fluid is a bit low and needs to be topped off ?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I am just going to play it safe and not use it to downshift when slowing down. I that sense it does not work like a manual I guess?

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
If I go to manual shift mode I use it in upshifts and downshifts. The downshifting helps more when I want to slow the car down without hitting the brakes (taillights), like when I see an oncoming LEO.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
...The downshifting helps more when I want to slow the car down without hitting the brakes (taillights), like when I see an oncoming LEO.
Until they hear your Borla. :stirpot:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts