Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  firstimecaddi 
#1 ·
1996 Fleetwood Brougham, 64,7xx miles, one owner, kept in storage during winter with full service records. Medium blue with blue leather interior. Extremely good condition, aside from some minor scratches on passenger rear door.

They want $5500 for it, and it seems reasonable. Too bad the Merc isn't sold yet and I'm not 100% on the blue/blue color combination. It's doable, but I'd much rather have the tan interior.

I'm just asking because in case my car happens to sell soon :bigroll: ,I'd like to pick this up, or atleast take a good look at it.

See less See more
#2 ·
#6 ·
5 years ago, I paid $5K for my '93 w/the same mileage. I'd jump at it if it's in good shape. However, it's no Regal GS in terms of handling...

#7 ·
According to Kelly Blue Book, the car is worth $7,170 in excellent condition, $6,670 in good condition, and $6,070 in fair condition, for an 96 Fleetwood Brougham in the Twin Cities Area (55416).

Excellent condition is described as the car being like new and having no mechanical issues or ever requiring body work. Good condition is a vehicle with minor mechanical problems (fluid leaks or worn belts) and has or is in need of minor body/paint repair.

#8 ·
I got some time tonight, so maybe I'll drive up there tonight and take it for a spin. Who knows, maybe I'll drive it and not like how much it floats (like the Roadmaster I drove a few months back)...

#9 ·
It IS going to be a floaty ride, that was the whole point of these cars. Do not expect it to be otherwise!

..or you can be like me and throw some $$ at the suspension and have it handle nicely. Hotchkis front and rear sways, UMI upper & lower control arms, Bilsteins all around, SS springs with disabled air ride, ZQ8 bumpstops, and Moog front end rebuild kit.... took care of my 'float.'

#10 ·
Yeah I think I've found a nice compromise between the floaty ride and good handling. I have the FE2 suspension to start with, and Bilstein HDs really tightened things up, no more bobbing up and down. With 17" wheels and high performance tires it has more cornering grip than I could ever care to use - I'll end up thrown in the passenger seat before those Pirellis start to squeal. The lower sidewall does transmit more surface imperfections to the cabin now, but the stock springs keep some of the nice ride characteristics as the car goes over the larger road imperfections. It is very possible for the Fleetwood to handle well, and you don't have to throw a lot of parts at it to get there.

#11 ·
Maybe I'd be willing to overlook the float because the FWB is the king of Cadillacs? And a car I've lusted after for the last 5 years...

#13 ·
I personally wouldn't consider it because it has the blue interior. I know some people will give me crap because my 1991 has blue leather, but its a very dark navy blue(which I love). The 93-96 blue interior is kind of a lighter blue and it just plain looks bad to my eyes.

#14 ·
Chad, trust me when I say these cars are a novelty. In all honesty, my car is not practical at all. It gets 14 mpg in the city, where I do 90% of my driving. It is way to large for an average parking spot nowadays and is a PITA to park. I would never be able to take it into the city or any other place where parking will be an issue. I probably would not have bought it if I had not had a smaller car to drive when necessary.

If I were you I would focus on the Regal GS. It has all the electrical goodies of the FWB, better handling and performance, better mileage and it will be way easier to park.

#17 ·
#18 ·
I will be selling my 96 (Marblehead grey with black interior) soon. Its got 74500 miles on it and Im only asking 4200. Not a brougham but I preferred the bare top look. I had to buy a buick century for mail route I just got and the caddy is impractical for that. Still got the 89 brougham anyway. Just looking to get it off the books so Im willing to let it go for less. I can send some pics if you like.

#19 ·
Shoot me an email at your convenience. I'm not ready to do anything yet, but once my car sells, then we'll get the ball rolling. My email address is Chadillac8705@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Chad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.