Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Cadillac CT4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, just bought my CT4 for a month now, in Shanghai. Salute to GM engineers, great stuff for such a cheap price. Unfortunately, there is no V version in China, we only got the lame ass LSY.

Wonder if any one knows I can easily swap the rear LSD of the CT4 V with CT4 LSY. If so, I might start looking for GM LSD parts.

Not a lot of people around here, wonder where all the GM guru hanging out?

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Due to a Fall 2019 UAW strike and the CV, CT4 didn't start shipping
and arriving at dealers until around March, so there are not a lot of them on the road yet.

Plus only a small % of owners participate in forums. CT4 discussions should increase gradually.

Sorry, but I don't know if LSD can be put in your car. I figure it can, if it's just the parts that do
the work, without talking to a computer. It could even be the same LSD that is in the RWD
ATS Premium, but only a Guess.

·
Registered
2020 Cadillac CT4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. Due to a Fall 2019 UAW strike and the CV, CT4 didn't start shipping
and arriving at dealers until around March, so there are not a lot of them on the road yet.

Plus only a small % of owners participate in forums. CT4 discussions should increase gradually.

Sorry, but I don't know if LSD can be put in your car. I figure it can, if it's just the parts that do
the work, without talking to a computer. It could even be the same LSD that is in the RWD
ATS Premium, but only a Guess.
Yea, that's a good reminder. Cuz I can find ATS parts easily here.

CT4 wasn't launched in China until late April, and the cadillac forums there are overwhelmed. Guess I was just used to populated atmosphere.

Ever since China imported the emission law from EU, small liter engine dominated the market relentlessly. Glad the Americans didn't bought that environmental bull crap, so that people can still afford fast cars at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Does it look like CT4 + CT5 will be popular in China?

These are also behind schedule due to a UAW strike in the Fall and the CV now.
Cadillac also competes against BMW, MB, Lexus, etc, in the USA.

We have environmentalists trying to end the use of gas. Hopefully they don't ever get their way.

·
Registered
2020 Cadillac CT4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it look like CT4 + CT5 will be popular in China?

These are also behind schedule due to a UAW strike in the Fall and the CV now.
Cadillac also competes against BMW, MB, Lexus, etc, in the USA.

We have environmentalists trying to end the use of gas. Hopefully they don't ever get their way.
First, ending the use of gas is just plain stupidity. The whole modern technological revolution of human culture is based on the use of fossil fuel. Without gas and cars, we would be still riding horses. Not to mention where they get that electricity from. It's ironic that the smarter the technology evolves to be, the more idiotic people become.

Cadillac was doing just ok in China (ranking 4th brand on luxury car sales) , and I have doubts bout their future in China market, cuz they only have the 2.0T for all the car lineup from now on, including bigger ones like the CT6 and SUVs. I mean, MB has V8, Bimmer and Audi have at least 6 cylinders. So that's a huge down side in my point of view. It's a shame especially for a consumer like me, cuz I got the money for CT4 V, even the CT4 blackwing, I really like the style of GM engineering of how they are trying so hard to build a pure driving pleasure down to each detail, just like what BMW was doing 20 years back. I could have bought the audi S4 with much more horse power and power potential in terms of aftermarket engine upgrades ( easily reaching 500 crank hp), but after test driving the stuff, you just don't feel like the steering wheel and the car is communicating back to you. In stead, it's just like a video game, with a controller that has vibration function, exciting at times, but boring for most of the time.

On the other hand, CT4 is totally different, the car is sized like the E90 BMW 3-series, even wider, with all the modernized tech and functions, and priced low like no others. I just wish it had more power.

I recently upgraded my downpipe from hirsch performance, to relieve the engine from environmentalists and emission freaks. Honestly, it felt the engine has come alive, with the sound, and the little more horsepower (bout the power of ATS, reaching 100 km/h in 6.2 sec with run-flat tires; with better tires, I can proly get a 5.x something).

Also upgraded AP8530 4-piston front brake kit, with Dixcel Z pads. It stops on a dime.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Those are nice upgrades.

You said the Cadillac forums in China are overwhelmed. Were they busy with ATS + CTS?
Are they busy with the new CT4/CT5, deciding what options to get?
Maybe Cadillac has become more available in China?

Buick is popular in China, but with Buick not having cars in USA now and only a couple cars
left in China, are your GM car fans switching to Cadillac?

·
Registered
2020 Cadillac CT4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are nice upgrades.

You said the Cadillac forums in China are overwhelmed. Were they busy with ATS + CTS?
Are they busy with the new CT4/CT5, deciding what options to get?
Maybe Cadillac has become more available in China?

Buick is popular in China, but with Buick not having cars in USA now and only a couple cars
left in China, are your GM car fans switching to Cadillac?
ATS is popular cuz its cheap. CTS is rare. I have seen CTS in Shanghai, but only once. A lot of owners and potential buyers gathered in CT4&CT5 forum. Way more people than here, however, unfortunately, still not nearly as many as BMW 3-series forum. And in China, the best selling Cadillac vehicle is XT5, and the best selling GM is a 7-seater minivan called Buick GL8.

Personally speaking, nowadays, I think Cadillac and GM, in general, is very welcomed in China. I dun know the exact reasons, but it seems GM is almost as popular as Honda in China. I guess it's probly because they are cheap with decent quality. Ever since Chinese counterpart saved GM's out of financial crisis from 2008, the company is paying a lot more attention to China market, and SGM has contributed a lot of profit in those years, which helps USGM invest quite heavy in electric cars and autopilot, I dun know, perhaps to try to remain competitive in the future.
Buick is doing ok. they never had too many cars to offer even in China to begin with anyway. I think Cadillac has certainly been reaching down the price range, which does erode partially the share of Buick and Chevy.

I envy you guys for a chance to buy CT4V, and the Corvette C8 which is probably the most cost-effective performance car in the history of mankind. People were kissing the butt of those hi-revving european V8, while the king of V8 only lives in the states. why would you ever need to Rev that high if can have the torque whenever you step on the gas.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe, Metallic Black Ice, 3.6 DI, bought new Dec. 2010, 93,000 miles 11/17
84 Posts
Here in Canada, CT4’s are rare. I ordered one in March, then the plant closed for 2 months. So, still waiting but totally understand the issues. I ordered the Premium Luxury which allowed the option of the 2.7L engine with 305 HP and similar torque. Just a hair below the V version. Should be fun. If I ever receive it. Expect perhaps in august. GM stops manufacturing the 2020’s in mid September and switches to 2021’s a couple weeks later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts