Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Is this what a lower crank case oil leak looks like? 2003 DTS

10676 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  00 Deville

I have already replaced the oil filter adapter gaskets. Next I will replace the oil pressure sensor and oil level sensor.. But if you look at the photos you can clearly see oil residue above the sensors. So I don't know it the sensors are leaking. Perhaps the oil is just running down coating the sensors with oil.

What do you think?

Thanks, Brook
See less See more
1 - 1 of 9 Posts
=Swangin-&-Bangin;2568110....But if you look at the photos you can clearly see oil residue above the sensors. So I don't know it the sensors are leaking. Perhaps the oil is just running down coating the sensors with oil.
I don't see enough "seepage" to lose any sleep over. If you can live with adding a quart of (relatively inexpensive) oil if and when required, find something else to "fix".

A drop or two of oil on the pavement where you park the car is simply a nuisance.

There is a bright side!. My '98 model has been "seeping" oil from the crankcase seals for more than 100,000 miles. And I visualize that "seepage" as a continuous anti-corrosion coating for the remainder of the underbody parts and pieces (road draft affect). Most folks would be alarmed if they saw the oil coating on the underbody area aft of my powertrain.

Happy motoring.
1 - 1 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.