Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my v is real scary on a road that is even just damp, let alone wet....stock f1s, just a slight throttle application will send it a full 90 degree broadslide....should'nt Stabilitrack intervene before it gets that sideways? seems like that is the point of having it...it does come in, but not until i'm looking sideways at the road.... could it have to do with having my torque management turned off by Stealth?

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
I stopped reading at stock F1's. There's your problem. You need an upgrade quick.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts
StealthVs tune does nothing to interfere with ST....and regardless of TM on or off, like everybody says F1 and rain do NOT mix. F1s on a Kia Rio would be scary.
Lessons: do NOT gun it, or even try to think about it in the rain until you get better tires. Even on dry i'm amazed how far ST lets the thing slide around before intervening; which is why it amazes me people turn on Comp mode or ST off :eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, I guess she's parked for the winter....I notice even on a dry but cold road, it skates....:thepan:

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
Sometimes using other parts of the throttle like 1/2 or 3/4 throttle will help you not go sideways. Most people only know idle and full throttle. Go out and give it a try. Think of it as drift practice. :D

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
The GSD3's will inspire more wet driving confidence than our V probably deserves. I've never felt safer in the rain than when driving with those tires. I miss them, but I've got to cycle through two sets of cheap Falkens. I will be the official cheap tire experimenter by the time I'm done. :lildevil:

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
1,133 Posts
I won't go near wet asphalt if I can avoid it when it's cold.

You can't mash the throttle with F1's on anything wet. Forget snow with these tires.

But taking the turns on dry concrete is heaven. Just 6 more months to wait.:banghead:

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts