Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So all I'm buying is a plug n play programer? No hardware just software? If so why and how? Sorry not really a car guy lol

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
105 Posts
Well a tune from diablo would just be the start. But I would say a oil catch can, intake tube, you can even buy an upgraded turbo for under $1000.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool ill start looking into it

----------

Any good websites you recommend for that have all those things you

----------

Sorry meant do you recommend any websites for those parts?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
golfballa said:
Sorry meant do you recommend any websites for those parts?
Not a lot of big ATS parts websites. KPE may have parts on its site.
TRS fabrication makes a good downpipe. Not sure if it has a website or just a FB page. The owner is on the board as IhuntV8.
Diablo tune can be bought through board sponsors. Diablo Mike can point you to some of them.
RevX makes a good catch can set up. Tracy's on the board and can be found posting in the catch can threads. His screen name starts with SC, IIRC.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
Nice package. Just need a tune to go with it. Won't see those gains consistently w/o it.

I have the TRS intake tube and catch can with the Pfadt DP.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
D3 wants 1700 for it so I think I'll ten and find a used intake and down pipe and new catch or just buy them separately but new intune for sure

·
Registered
none
148 Posts
i had the trinity which is the same tune but has gauges to show you whats going on. the car had up to 8* of knock all the time. and was very inconsistent. best bet is to get ahold of trent and buy trs fab parts(same parts that d3 sells and if you know anything about them they only sell top of the line parts). top notch quality and he's always there to answer any questions.

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,179 Posts
i had the trinity which is the same tune but has gauges to show you whats going on. the car had up to 8* of knock all the time. and was very inconsistent. best bet is to get ahold of trent and buy trs fab parts(same parts that d3 sells and if you know anything about them they only sell top of the line parts). top notch quality and he's always there to answer any questions.
Out of curiosity, have you ever logged the stock tune to see how much it knocks?

I started a thread earlier, but we are in the process of updating the tunes to address the consistency issues and I'll gladly send them out to anyone that would like to give them a shot prior to the release.

Thanks

·
Registered
none
148 Posts
Out of curiosity, have you ever logged the stock tune to see how much it knocks?

I started a thread earlier, but we are in the process of updating the tunes to address the consistency issues and I'll gladly send them out to anyone that would like to give them a shot prior to the release.

Thanks
yes i logged my stock tune, your 91 octane tune and the diablo tune all with 93 octane fuel. and i saw knock and had crazy inconsistency issues.. i see you've released an update to help with those issues if so then it should be a good bang for your buck mod if thats all you plan on doing.i still recommend getting the trinity to help monitor everything. but i still believe in finding a "good" tuner and getting a tune for your exact car and mods cause if you ever go with a catless downpipes diablo can not turn it off without paying someone to make you a tune with the rear 02sensor disabled and thats another 150-250$ ontop of the 400$ you paid for the unit. when a local shop will change you 300-500$ for a dyno/street tune.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts