Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
1,485 Posts
Remember the guy could just be ignorant. Who knows, maybe when he paid the extra $5,000 for the body kit, maybe the dealer told him a lie. He may BELIEVE that his car has 300HP?

I asked him about the 300-350 HP claims, but he never responded to me either.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
jteolis said:
Remember the guy could just be ignorant. Who knows, maybe when he paid the extra $5,000 for the body kit, maybe the dealer told him a lie. He may BELIEVE that his car has 300HP?

I asked him about the 300-350 HP claims, but he never responded to me either.
Well I think you'd be able to tell the difference between 200 and 300 hp. And the claim that "sport mode" somehow adds horsepower signifies a profound ignorance of the basic functions of modern automobiles.

I guess if it is a case of profound ignorance, I'd be satisfied if he simply edits the listing. That doesnt change the fact that I wouldnt want to buy the car from him though.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
wow, lund didnt tell me they were getting 1100 hp out of the cts centrifugal blower thy have running around the shop. (anyone want one?) but yeah, this guy sounds like he is blowing smoke. hell the cts-v i doubt has 350 to the wheels.. well. maybe.. :)

-K

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Kael said:
wow, lund didnt tell me they were getting 1100 hp out of the cts centrifugal blower thy have running around the shop. (anyone want one?) but yeah, this guy sounds like he is blowing smoke. hell the cts-v i doubt has 350 to the wheels.. well. maybe.. :)

-K
I don't think so. It was well documented in the newspapers that he established a new speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats. I'm sure it was not a streetable engine.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Lund was actually developing a street-legal supercharger that would add about 150hp but interest dropped off after the V came out so they never got it to the point where it would pass emissions tests. I believe they used a modified version of the same supercharger in that 1000hp cts (it has a 3.2L :D ). Right after I got my CTS I found the Lund website and e-mailed them about the supercharger (b/c it was listed on the site as still in production). They responded that they weren't developing it anymore, but they did have a cts on the lot with one that could be had for the right price. He put me in contact with someone else who had supercharged a 3.6L for a concept car for Suzuki? but it sounded pretty pricy, about $5-6K.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Lund was actually developing a street-legal supercharger that would add about 150hp but interest dropped off after the V came out so they never got it to the point where it would pass emissions tests. I believe they used a modified version of the same supercharger in that 1000hp cts (it has a 3.2L :D ). Right after I got my CTS I found the Lund website and e-mailed them about the supercharger (b/c it was listed on the site as still in production). They responded that they weren't developing it anymore, but they did have a cts on the lot with one that could be had for the right price. He put me in contact with someone else who had supercharged a 3.6L for a concept car for Suzuki? but it sounded pretty pricy, about $5-6K.
Actually Lund & RSM had a SC on the market. Yes, very expensive. The lack of interest probably do to the price tag stopped the production. Now we wait for Cadillac MotorSports version of the ESC for about $2500.:yup:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Actually Lund & RSM had a SC on the market. Yes, very expensive. The lack of interest probably do to the price tag stopped the production. Now we wait for Cadillac MotorSports version of the ESC for about $2500.:yup:
I see, I was just relating what the guy from Lund told me.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
Lund told me a similar thing.
they had it developed, it worked and works fine, they didnt want to bother with the expense of having it certified or something for cali, and then the V came out so they just sort of let the project peter out. No biggie, when I spoke with them he said anyone could get one if they wanted, its totally streetable, all fuel concerns were worked out already.

they also said we can order headers for the 3.6L though them as well. no biggie.

and ESM. I thought we went over this already? Its released, just email Geoff and he will fab one up for you.

THOMAS (GEOFF) KNIGHT
THOMAS KNIGHT TURBOS
BOOSTHEAD.COM
786-243-2000
22050 SW 155 AVE
MIAMI, FL

he said he could when I emailed him about a certain umm.."vendor" here was the reply:
"
HE CONTACTED ME ONE OR TWO TIMES AND ASKED ABOUT THE CADI ENGINE. I SAID THE
ESC WOULD WORK, AND HE ALSO ASKED ABOUT AN EATON SUPERCHARGER KIT. I DO R&D
ALL DAY, SO I SAID I COULD BUILD ONE. HAVENT HEARD FROM HIM IN MONTHS, AND
HAVENT RECEIVED A DIME FROM HIM. WHAT MORE CAN I SAY?"
CALL OR EMAIL TO ORDER ONE
did my reply post not work that time?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts