Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera
7 Posts
the fans arnt even set to come on until 210.. so if your stopped on a warm day thats not really a high temp...

·
Registered
Opel Omega
1,419 Posts
Ummm its a little high it should never go that high.

Mine stays at the half point and its usually at the next lower line when I am on the highway and its like 60 outside...

I have never seen it go past that middle point.

Also my On Board Computer says that the car is at around 205degrees when its at the midway point and it usually stays around 196-199 highway or not.. the 205 is when i stop at a light or something after a serious revving... and I can also hear the fans kick in as well..

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well, most of us owners and previous owners encounter the same readings. The fan will turn on at a slightly higher temp than the one in the pic, just like the post above describes. And if needle is at halfway during highway driving, it's within normal in my opinion. If you are getting lower than those mentioned, you should get your thermostat checked because it might be giving you a false reading. Our Cat is designed to run at higher than normal temperatures. That's why some of them owners here installed an external oil cooler to combat this high temp. I don't know if it's good for the car or not but a lot of them who installed one had some good experience to tell. And I believe that this unusually high operation temperature is one of the reason why a lot of the sensors in the car breaks or I should say electronics of the car. As you know, most of these sensors are made of plastic, and you know how much plastic can tolerate heat.

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Catera
48 Posts
I checked mine while i was city driving and highway driving. Today was 89 with 60%RH. On the highway i was driving 70-90mph and the temp was just kissing below halfway. City i got every red light and it was centered in halfway tick, was in the city for about 45mins. Hope that helps:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2001 catera sport, 1998 seville sts
13 Posts
My '01 Sport never runs beyond the halfway mark unless Im really beating on it. Then it goes slightly above the half mark but it has never run that high ever. There are 90,000+ on my car right now. Doesn't even run that high in traffic at idle with AC on in 90+ degree weather. Sounds like there may be an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts