Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all this is my first post. I have always wanted a caddy but never found one to my liking(untill now). I found a 1969 Fleetwood Brougham, Gold with a black inside. They want $3000.00 for it, I think its a good deal because it only has some rust on the rear wheel wells. And you can still see yourself in the paint, plus the inside is allmost showroom condition. I was wondering if you guys could give me some specs on this Beautiful Car.

Thanks Andy

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Definitely. Old Cadillacs are comfortable, powerful, and reliable all in one big car. As for some specs:
------------
Standard Features: Power brakes, Variable-Ratio Power Steering, Front Disc Brakes, Remote Control outside Mirror, Power Seat, Locking Steering Column, Carpeted Footrests, Interior Wood Paneling, Automatic Level Control, Energy Absorbing Steering Column, Automatic parking brake release.

Optional Features: Power Door locks, Automatic Climate Control (w. A/C), AM, AM-FM, AM-FM Stereo, Eight-Track, Tilt-Telescope Steering Column, Six-Way power Seat (4 way std.), Remote Trunk Release, Electric Cruise Control, Twilight Sentinel, Controlled Differental, Trumpet Horn, Heated Seats, Guide-Matic Headlamp control.

Engine: 472cid 375 bhp 525 ft-lbs tq. Compression ratio- 10.5:1

Other: Gas tank capacity- 26 gal., 2.94:1 Rear ratio, four-link rear suspension, boxed frame.
------------

I DEFINITELY forgot a bunch of features, so consider that a partial list.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds like a good price, but a car of this vintage is hard to actually put a price tag on because it depends on many things including the rarity of it, the condition, the seller, and also the individual buyer. You could check values on Hemmings to see what it is worth.

Also important to consider - has it been in an accident or flood, does owner have records of service, is it mostly original or amateur restoration, how many miles, engine condition, how many owners has it had, etc. Look seriously at the rust factor. This could be the difference between just a little at-home touch-up work and heavy-duty welding projects and new body panels. Do you want this car for a project/hobby or as your daily driver?

It might not be perfect, but getting at this information will help you arrive at a figure for the overall value of the car based on its condition. It is getting harder and harder to find parts for anything before mid 1970's in junkyards, and most of what is there is heavily picked over. So if you need original parts for this car, you will have to get creative and search through other means. You might consider buying another 69 Fleetwood in lesser condition and trailer it home for parts. Even in good condition you will need parts from time to time.

This sounds like a very good car to have, and a real treasure, if it measures up to your standards. Good luck.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
cadillacjack01 said:
It is getting harder and harder to find parts for anything before mid 1970's in junkyards, and most of what is there is heavily picked over. So if you need original parts for this car, you will have to get creative and search through other means. You might consider buying another 69 Fleetwood in lesser condition and trailer it home for parts. Even in good condition you will need parts from time to time.
Very good point. Parts availability is a pain. When you get this car, expect to learn a lot, so you know what to look for should a deal on parts arise.

There are certain areas on old Cads that are troublesome. The power antenna, the clock, and the A/C compressor are notorious for not working. Also, in addition to the rust that you know about, check the rear of the passenger side fender, as that spot is prone to rust, along with the sheetmetal around the lower portion of the back window.

There were 17,300 VIN P (Fleetwood Brougham) Cadillacs produced in 1969. They cost $7,110 back then.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Occasionally you'll run across one of these 68-76s for cheaper, but this sounds like a solid car and a good price.

D

·
0 Posts
69Fleetwood said:
Hey all this is my first post. I have always wanted a caddy but never found one to my liking(untill now). I found a 1969 Fleetwood Brougham, Gold with a black inside. They want $3000.00 for it, I think its a good deal because it only has some rust on the rear wheel wells. And you can still see yourself in the paint, plus the inside is allmost showroom condition. I was wondering if you guys could give me some specs on this Beautiful Car.

Thanks Andy
From your description i'd say it was a decent deal. Before I go spending the cash on a 403 for my 87 Fleetwood I will look hard to find a 472/500 powered Cadillac to take the drivetrain from. Good luck with your (maybe) new car.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I think its a bit high.....u havent posted miles....(which is somewhat important) and when they changed timing belt or what else has been changed etc....if these things have not been done in a while id try to negiotate the price down

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
If the rust is just minor and it doesn't need much work I think that's an OK price. What's it like underneath? Obviously don't get it if there are holes all over the floor and frame unless you want to fix things like that.

Milage means nothing on old cars. You can't get picky about things like that when you're looking at 35 year old cars. It also doesn't have a timing belt, so if it needs replacing or not depends on the wear it has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts