Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
None
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 99 Cadillac Deville Concours at a dealer in Chicago who will sell it to me for $2750 including taxes, document fees, tag, registration, title transfer, etc.

I couldn't enclose the 36 pictures I have of the car so please click on the link below to see the pictures of exterior, interior, and possible problems that the car may have.

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/addisonartforms/"]http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/addisonartforms/

I test drove the car, but as an amateur who has never driven a Caddy, and did not know what to expect, I thought it was smooth, only complaint I had was the brakes and speed sensor malfunction as well as some corrosion underneath, which most probably was caused by the salt in Chicago.

From the pictures I have provided do you guys see any potential problems? Should I go ahead an buy this car? I'd really appreciate it if you guys can give me your honest opinion since tomorrow I will be making my decision and either purchasing it or letting it go.

All your help is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Thats a typical price for them. That link for the pictures doesnt work.

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
The link was just goobered up. cleaned it for you

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/addisonartforms/

My opinion of the car. is it is not a good deal not because of the interior, that's nice -but because the chassis looks shot underneath :stirpot:. also, the mileage looked like 128,000+. It is the dreaded N* with the infamous head gasket engine death problem that will clean your wallet's clock. Unless you're in love with it and want to risk $$$ repairs, walk away or offer the dealer much less money for it.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,480 Posts
Too many "If's' on this one. Walk. Lots more fish in the sea..........

I don't like the underbody rust (some is OK, this is extensive.......), the disc brake condition and the rust on the spare tire/jack. This car hasn't been driven in quite a while. Why ???

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,112 Posts
Deck lid and fender damage is enough to turn me away.

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
That car has sat around for a long time for some reason judging by the very pitted brakes. I would be very suspicious of it. They are probably anxious to unload it too. If I were going to gamble on it I would test the coolant for combustion byproducts and if it checked out I would offer about $1200-1500. It probably needs a complete brake job before even driving it too.

·
Registered
1996 Deville 1985 Fleetwood
74 Posts
I wouldn't buy it.... but its up to you. You could probably get a couple more bucks taken off because the coolant tank is all boogered up. They could of changed the coolant and it won't show any combustion byproducts.

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac sedan devile
616 Posts
128.000 on a N is pretty much rolling the dice . but from what i can see it looks like it has an oil leak and might have a coolant leek cause of one picture you can see like a greenish white residue. like every one else says keep looking.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
That car is worth about $1k in my book because of the body damage. Discontinued body parts plus the pearl white paint (hardest paint color to match) will make getting that fixed cost some big $. Plus, that is rather high mileage and having been through the harsh winters we have here it has lived its life.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I'll sell you my 93 Brougham which is in much nicer condition that that for $1500.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I'll sell you my 93 Brougham which is in much nicer condition that that for $1500.
Too bad we have no idea where the hell "Out in front" is. :thepan:

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
LOL I'm in upstate NY

·
Banned
1998 Deville
369 Posts
Don't walk away...run fast. that car is a beater. even the top motor mount bushing looks gone, dents, dents, rust, high mileage, bad tires and even a rusted nail in 1 tire, dirty carpet. at least find a car with a good body, go to a southern state for your best deal in a small town in Florida or Texas or anywhere but a state with salty roads. That is a parts car with few good parts. Never spend money on a motor in a beater car. You would need to buy tires first. The brake calipers show a lot of rust because it has been sitting up. I need the front slider visors if they are not broke and part it out. 300-400 tops with a month guarantee.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
279 Posts
Yeah all of that! it looks like a rust bucket to me and it needs tires, the wheels look horrible, and over a 100k the HG are due any day and with the surge tank being band-aided like it is tells me it may have overheated in the past which puts your risk for head gaskets even higher then it already is, you can find one with alot less miles and in better condition for around the same price.

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
As if you need another chime, ditto all of the above. $2750 is only about $2000 too much to pay for that car.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Now that you can see pictures nope not worth it.. It would cost a good part of what its worth just to fix the dents in the back. Looks like it needs some brake work too and tires. Theres nothing wrong with what it looks like undernath.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts