Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved an estimate on the mods I want installed. I'll leave the individual prices out and just have a question of is the labor about right.

I'm having kook's with catted connections, cam shaft, pushrods, springs, fast 92 intake, fast 92 TB, asp pulley, spark plugs, and uuc mounts installed. the quote is for $975 in labor and $550 for tune. I don't think anyone is trying to screw me by any means but i've just never had these things done before.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
I think that is actually a good price. The tune is on the higher end but the labor is not bad considering the headers alone would probably be about $400.

Is this a reputable shop?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Just think, if you did it yourself, you could save the $975 and spend that money to have your heads cnc'd and bigger valves dropped in to complement the cam, intake, and headers!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Mine did! But then i broke it. :shhh:

This car really isn't that bad to work on. The hardest part is getting the harmonic balancer torqued back down. I've literally had every piece of the drivetrain out of my car. EVERYTHING! From the engine all the way to the diff. Its not bad!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts

This car really isn't that bad to work on. The hardest part is getting the harmonic balancer torqued back down. I've literally had every piece of the drivetrain out of my car. EVERYTHING! From the engine all the way to the diff. Its not bad!
wanna come to michigan this weekend? I'm putting a new shifter in, shifter bushings, Diff bushing, KARSIII, and taking the diff apart to look at the ring and pinion, swapping diff fluid, flushing the clutch, changing the oil....and inspecting my new cradle for some offset trailing arms and such....

a seasoned hand wouldn't be a bad thing :crowded:

oh yeah and troubleshooting my fogs if I have any spare time... after I rewired the main wiring harness (fuse block to ECU) my fogs suddenly decided not to work anymore....... I'm sure it had nothing to do with me :)

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vengeance racing is the shop so yeah good shop

·
Registered
05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
1,059 Posts

I once made the mistake to Try and Port and Polish the Heads on my Cobra (4 Valve - Dual Overhead Cam) Didnt exactly turn out the way I was hoping (Car Ran - Barely)... But it was a great learning experience, oh to be 18 again!!! Newb Note - Only use Cyl Head Studs ONCE!! They stretch.....

I decided to stay out of the internals stuff - I learned how to Fab/Weld instead :thumbsup:

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I say take it in... Sometimes its worth the $900 bucks to have peace of mind... and if something goes wrong - Take it back and say " Something's Wrong?" :duck:
agreed i dont have the know how to do this job

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me!! Around about what I paid for install other than the maggie of course.. He did charge me 600 for the tune tho... only thing is that they didnt do a base dyno.. that kind of sucked!! They will tune it right!!

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can you guys post up gas mileage averages before and after your cams also what cam are you running

·
Registered
852 Posts
can you guys post up gas mileage averages before and after your cams also what cam are you running
The gains in HP outweigh the lose in gas mileage... You NEED the CAM!!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
164 Posts
Stuckey, Dyno day really got you motivated.... good job, can't wait to see what #'s you will be putting down, I am very jealous right now
Jason

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stuckey, Dyno day really got you motivated.... good job, can't wait to see what #'s you will be putting down, I am very jealous right now
Jason
yea i'm motivated my checking account doesnt seem to be though. i got 2 vehicles for sale if they go i'll have enough for cam, headers, intake, tb, and possibly a MAGGIE!!! i just hope these people dont back out on buying if at least one sells ill have my cam and header money

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
closing down the car lot for mods eh
well selling one car and one 4 wheeler. i have waaaayyyy to much stuff sittin around that i don't really have time to maintain any more.

they said 2 days i drop it off one morning and pick it up the next afternoon

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
y.... i got 2 vehicles for sale if they go i'll have enough for cam, headers, intake, tb, and possibly a MAGGIE!!! ...
Tip - you won't need an intake AND a maggie.

just a maggie. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts