Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Deville
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying all day to find out. Probably not a Cadiliac floor mat but I don't know where to turn to find out. Thanks for the help...

image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,465 Posts
Re: WTH is this car symbol?

Some kind of Thunderbird I'm guessing.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,963 Posts

If I am not mistaken that is a generic design that the manufacturer made of their own.
In the 60's and 70's JC Whitney sold those type of mats.
I don't think it has any match to an Auto Brand.

·
Registered
2004 Deville
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Lol, I posted a pic on FB and I got Rolls Royce, Thinderbird (twice), Something European, Ford Pinto and Optimus Prime.

I cleaned it up and did find a "Made in the USA" stamp on it and I should have mentioned that there are 2 of them. Front and rear mats but I still have no clue. Thanks for looking...

·
Registered
STS 1SF Black V8 2006
456 Posts
talismandave said:
If I am not mistaken that is a generic design that the manufacturer made of their own. In the 60's and 70's JC Whitney sold those type of mats. I don't think it has any match to an Auto Brand.
JC Whitney? haha I actually set foot in their store in Chicago long time ago, there was a Warshawskis also.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,643 Posts
For quite a few years you could get both a J.C. Whitney and a Warshawsky catalog - pretty thick, both printed on telephone book paper, and both had identical part/stock numbers.

Back then if it was automotive and J.C Whitney didn't have it, no one did. Chicago.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts

Lol, I posted a pic on FB and I got Rolls Royce, Thinderbird (twice), Something European, Ford Pinto and Optimus Prime.

I cleaned it up and did find a "Made in the USA" stamp on it and I should have mentioned that there are 2 of them. Front and rear mats but I still have no clue. Thanks for looking...
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my first post.
No, it is not a car symbol.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,071 Posts
Warshawsky's and J. C. Whitney shared a building in Chicago. The signage on one street said J. C. Whitney and the signage on another street said Warshawsky's. I don't know what the interior arrangement was. I heard a rumor that they shared the space and stock.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,400 Posts
Koz, they where one in the same. Here is a quote from link in post #8.

"While it was his father that founded the firm during World War I, a brilliant, intensely driven son, Roy Warshawsky, would rename the family business as J.C. Whitney,"

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
They actually ran on both names. Warshawsky's was the retail store and JC Whitney was mail order.
Operated like that for many many years. Eventually all was changed to JC Whitney.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,071 Posts
To add to the confusion, Warshawsky also issued a catalog.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,400 Posts
They actually ran on both names. Warshawsky's was the retail store and JC Whitney was mail order.
Operated like that for many many years. Eventually all was changed to JC Whitney.
Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall that.

Boy, some of the crap I bought from Warshawsky's when I was a kid. :bang2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts