Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2003 White Diamond DeVille - Junk'd :-(
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for something to replace my beloved '03 DeVille, and I am liking the look of this car: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/1b284243-8969-42e1-8b1c-36fa52f19093/

It is low miles (26k), but has a high asking price of $22,997. I'm doing valuation searches (NADA, KBB, etc) and seeing valuations of $12k to $15k, so the seller is tacking on a good premium for a pristine car.

What do you guys think is a realistic price on this DTS? Thanks

Mods: if this type of post not allowed, then please accept my apologies and delete. Thank you.

2011DTS.jpg

·
Registered
2011 DTS Base
222 Posts
Do I think it's worth that asking price.... No.

It is a desirable model with very low miles but... here in So Cal you might get lucky and find someone willing to pay $15k - $17k for it (if you found the right person). The low miles are the selling point.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,310 Posts
WOW!

When it comes to cars with extremely low miles, NADA & KBB don't do a good job on valuation. Personally, I think that price is too high, but they have to start somewhere. Remember, everything is negotiable. I would suspect that a realistic price would be somewhere between the NADA & KBB valuation and the asking price.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,294 Posts
That car better have some brand new Vogues for them to be asking that much for it. Looks a bit plain Jane with those tires at that price. Someone at that dealership thought they could skimp and still charge top dollar.

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,667 Posts
Thats high for that car I would make an offer to show you are serious in the 15-17k range.

·
Registered
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
748 Posts
That car better have some brand new Vogues for them to be asking that much for it. Looks a bit plain Jane with those tires at that price. Someone at that dealership thought they could skimp and still charge top dollar.
That's every dealership, big guy. The last place I bought a car actually wanted me to forge the bill of sale.

I am looking for something to replace my beloved '03 DeVille, and I am liking the look of this car: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/1b284243-8969-42e1-8b1c-36fa52f19093/

It is low miles (26k), but has a high asking price of $22,997. I'm doing valuation searches (NADA, KBB, etc) and seeing valuations of $12k to $15k, so the seller is tacking on a good premium for a pristine car.

Mods: if this type of post not allowed, then please accept my apologies and delete. Thank you.

View attachment 602757
If you have to ask, you already know the answer.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
6,188 Posts
brand new Vogues would not be a selling point for me. Just looked at the pix. The fabric roof would be a deal breaker. No way. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Premium w/1SD | 1999 Deville Base (RIP @179K Miles)
538 Posts
I think its too high.

The good news is that this DTS is "loaded". It has a column shift and the SBZA/Lane Departure warning. Those were extra addons on the Premium trim.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
1,294 Posts
brand new Vogues would not be a selling point for me. Just looked at the pix. The fabric roof would be a deal breaker. No way. Just my opinion.
Yea that fabric roof usually goes hand in hand with the Vogue package, that’s part of the reason why I immediately thought it’s missing it’s Vogues.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you have to ask, you already know the answer.
Actually, I always like to ask for other opinions. One thing I am realizing as I get older, I really don't know many answers.... to anything. ;)

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
554 Posts
IMO it's your money so it's your choice as to whether it's worth it or not.

But, if you get into an accident you'll be unlikely to get that much in return on insurance.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMO it's your money so it's your choice as to whether it's worth it or not.
But, if you get into an accident you'll be unlikely to get that much in return on insurance
Yes, well, it is my money, but I don't wish to exceed the actual market pricing, not by much anyway. I'm asking about valuation here because this is a bunch of savvy Cadillac owners and this is likely one of the very best places to get feedback. Thanks

·
Registered
2008 DTS Platinum. gone: 04 Deville, 76 Eldo conv, 74 Fltwd
414 Posts
They may have raised the price because it's the final model year of the DTS.
The wheels are certainly bright and shiny.

·
Registered
96 FWB
2,331 Posts
Interesting prospect of its type, and no lack of legit replies. My only take otherwise is that it's certainly an attractive example of a classic model name. If really enamored with FWD then it may be tough to beat this one. However, if a RWD can enter the mix then I'd be pointed to mayhaps a final year STS or even -V. At least something more to be close to that asking price.
Just personal taste, but like one other here, that top = garish. White or tan = better. Delete top = cleanest best.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting comments about the cloth top. It's not my favorite, but I don't really mind it. My real hot button is all these options WITH a black interior, low miles and rust-free; probably be a challenge to find, but there seem to be quite a few of these down South. If this car had black interior, I'd be in a better mood to over-pay.....

Thanks very much for all the comments. :)

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
272 Posts
Yea that fabric roof usually goes hand in hand with the Vogue package, that’s part of the reason why I immediately thought it’s missing it’s Vogues.
I wouldn't say that was always true as I remember seeing many cars with fabric roofs without Vogue's in the past. The whitewall look was going out even in the '90's as the look was getting more sporty with the Eldorado and STS.

Interesting comments about the cloth top. It's not my favorite, but I don't really mind it. My real hot button is all these options WITH a black interior, low miles and rust-free; probably be a challenge to find, but there seem to be quite a few of these down South. If this car had black interior, I'd be in a better mood to over-pay.....

Thanks very much for all the comments. :)
I have a 2009 DTS with the same beige interior and Black Cherry exterior. That car pictured looks nice as well even with the top which I wouldn't care for as the DTS looks good on its own. One thing I will mention is that I've seen very few with the navigation. The usual premium models had the BOSE 6 CD changer system which is nice but I assume that the one you're looking at has more speakers as well. When looking in 2009 in the summer, only a few had the navigation system and not in any color desired. Mine has the center shifter which I prefer as it gives the interior a different look but some like the column shifter as that was more traditional in the past.

Edit: added pic for color comparison:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts

View attachment 602757
Based on the model and year, especially mileage, it is NOT worth the asking price. Maybe it is a signature edition, the last production car of the model year? Even then it's too much!!! That may have been a celebrity's car.

·
2007 DTS
71 Posts
Used cars are over priced right now like by 45% what they should sell for thanks to COVID19. What is Kelly blue book? It is the car to get.

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
702 Posts
I've had the DTS/DHS with both the column and center shifters, and it made no difference: you still wouldn't put a passenger in the middle front seat. I agree with the "cloth roof" comment but for an end-of-line of a great series of Cadillacs, I'd go for it with a reasonable offer. These cars handle great, I used to drive from Toronto to Detroit for a meeting, have lunch, and return (8 hrs total) and feel like I'd spent the day at the local library reading a book.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts