Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

Just got a used 2019 XT5...it looks like there are mounting points underneath for an engine belly pan or lower engine splash shield (whatever it's called) but mine doesn't have one (see photos of underside). The dealer is saying that GM says that there is no belly pan for V6 XT5. Seems a little odd to leave the lower engine compartment exposed with no protection, to allow debris to get it, and affect aerodynamics/fuel economy.

Is the dealer correct that the 2019 XT5's don't come with a belly pan?

Thanks in advance!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Grille Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, Submariner409! (there was a jack stand not in the picture as backup, but definitely understand).

I actually did search high and low through those exact sites and couldn't find the part. The dealer said GM told them there is no part. I'm just wondering if any current owner can look under their XT5 to see if they have one or not.

I did find some on ebay and other off-sites that make it seem like an optional thing you can add aftermarket which is fine...but if it's something that should come standard then I want to make sure the dealer adds it.

·
Registered
2020 XT5, AWD Platinum, Garnet Metallic, 20" Ultra-Bright
2,112 Posts
Seems a little odd to leave the lower engine compartment exposed with no protection, to allow debris to get it, and affect aerodynamics/fuel economy.
It appears there is a front air dam on your 2019 that is worn off likely caused by scraping on parking stops. That front air dam purpose is to improve aerodynamics as designed from the assembly plant. If you are interested in improvements under the car, you can look into replacing that under the front bumper. The difference will probably not be evident, but it will be reassuring to you to have returned the under car to original build configuration.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Is the piece that I've circled in red a plastic part on your car? I'm guessing that's the air dam that njacobsen is referring to.
The brace you circled is where you placed the floor jack.

The air dam is in front of that which is the plastic with a ragged lower edge.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
@dkkaka ...what trim level is your 2019? I have a 2020 Platinum which has a different lower front valance and has air dams only in front of the front tires with none in the middle. Below the front bumper, mine has a splitter and therefore does not need the middle section of the front air dam. As I recall, my 2017 Platinum was similar with a front air dam, but I do not remember if it had a middle section to that front air dam.

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XT5 Luxury
1,400 Posts
Submariner409 is correct. This is a very dangerous set up. The pieces of wood can easily break in half with the weight that is on them. There are defined lift points on every vehicle and that is what you should use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Submariner409 is correct. This is a very dangerous set up. The pieces of wood can easily break in half with the weight that is on them. There are defined lift points on every vehicle and that is what you should use.
Got it - will definitely use the proper jack points going forward. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts