Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Escalade EXT Premium
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here knows of a trick to keep the assist steps in the lowered/extended position with the doors closed. I know the owner's manual states that it is not possible to do that but I am hoping that there is a backdoor/trick that will let me do that.

It is so much easier to clean them if they would stay out with the door closed so I can just hose them down not having to worry about getting water into the car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think some one on here in the past was able to do so by rigging up the existing sensor. I'll try to find that post if I can. No offense but I found no point on having the assist step when I bought my Escalade. My truck is fully loaded minus the assist step because I elected not to get it. One, the truck looks way too plain with it up like it sitting way too high. Two, its way too hard to clean. And three, well its another electrical unit that you may have to deal with for issues in the future.

·
Registered
07 escalade
72 Posts
yes you can lock them out very easy open both doors pop the hood go to under hood fuse block pull fuse you are done i locked mine out first day i got the truck

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
I don"t know if it will work with yours but on my EXT if I just stand on the lowered assist step for a couple of minutes after I shut all the doors on that side the step will remain in the lowered position until I open and close a door on that side. It may have a safety relay incorporated in case something is caught in it. Don't think it is doing any damage because there is no noise or blown fuses or heated motor (checked for that several times), but it has worked like that for me faultlessly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts