Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
08 DTS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some piece of sh-t hit me like a year ago in a parking lot and i had to get a new headlight, which was awful enough. now he's saying they're gonna fail me for a sticker because it's aiming too low

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
No worries. Owner's manual is a handy reference for stuff like that. If you really want to get technical park 25 feet away from a straight vertical wall on a flat, level surface. Measure the distance from the center of the headlight, mark that on the wall, and aim the headlights so they match the mark on the wall.

·
Registered
08 DTS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No worries. Owner's manual is a handy reference for stuff like that. If you really want to get technical park 25 feet away from a straight vertical wall on a flat, level surface. Measure the distance from the center of the headlight, mark that on the wall, and aim the headlights so they match the mark on the wall.
im trying this on sunday, but do you have any experience with this? the manual says "under the flap" but i don't see any screw under the flap

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
I do not, as Dad has yet to lodge any complaints with headlight aim. Next week when I'm up in Gillette I will check and report back.

·
Registered
08 DTS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not, as Dad has yet to lodge any complaints with headlight aim. Next week when I'm up in Gillette I will check and report back.
turns out i'm screwed. i got in there with my dad this weekend and it turns out the aftermarket part doesnt have the screws to adjust the headlight, there's no way i can adjust it

gotta find out what the rule is on headlight aim for inspection

·
Registered
00 deville
25 Posts
turns out it was wrong hopefully, emailed the seller and he pointed it out for me

gonna post this if anyone else runs into this BS. normally your adjustment screw is 2 white cones

View attachment 574550

but in an aftermarket i guess it looks like this

View attachment 574548
So is it just the single screw, and does it only adjust up ad down? How are you suppose to adjust it once installed?

·
Registered
08 DTS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is it just the single screw, and does it only adjust up ad down? How are you suppose to adjust it once installed?
yeah you have to take off that plastic cover on the front of the engine/edge of the grill to really get a good shot at it, but the screw should adjust the beam vertically

1 - 11 of 11 Posts