Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CTS-V Crate motor. I got the pressure plate off, then the clutch discs fell off of course.

Gearbox/Transmission dummy here.

Now I loosened the six bolts holding the flywheel onto the crank. The bolts do not seem to want to release from there holes. I am figuring they are supposed to stay and they just get loosened?

I grabbed the flywheel, which now appears to be loose. But it's not gonig anywhere. Every bolt seems like a spring is pulling it back. So I fugured it was purposely held in place or something.

I even tried grabbing a bolt head with a plier and it won't come out, even though I can hand twist it out and feel the last thread on the bolt hole go by.

Something is holding the flywheel on. I am thinking the bearing in the picture? I pull on it and it snaps back into position when released.

Jeff

·
Registered
09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06
1,918 Posts
mine was stuck on there pretty good try to use a long screwdriver between the block and flywheel

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
178 Posts
They are pretty liberal with the loc-tite at the factory, you probably just have some excess hanging things up in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts