Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, trying to get the OP updated with new CT5 reviews, but the edit icon has mysteriously disappeared. thanks.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,243 Posts
Your ability to edit a post expires 12 hours after original date/time. Please create a follow-up post in the same thread.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Would be nice to have the OP updateable, so its easier to see all the relevant info of the thread.

·
Super Moderator SEMPER PARATUS
2003 DeVille Base
4,511 Posts
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Would be nice to have the OP updateable, so its easier to see all the relevant info of the thread.
It's not that hard to create a follow up post in the same thread.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,855 Posts
It's not that hard to create a follow up post in the same thread.
True, but depending on the thread in question, a follow-up post may not be very helpful. If there's incorrect or out-of-date information presented in the original post, and a member then has to wade through 75 replies to get to the updated, corrected information, there's a good chance that updated/corrected information is going to be missed.

Of all of the automotive forums I regularly visit, this is the only one that restricts a member's ability to edit their posts to a short time. I've never understood why.

·
Super Moderator SEMPER PARATUS
2003 DeVille Base
4,511 Posts
True, but depending on the thread in question, a follow-up post may not be very helpful. If there's incorrect or out-of-date information presented in the original post, and a member then has to wade through 75 replies to get to the updated, corrected information, there's a good chance that updated/corrected information is going to be missed.

Of all of the automotive forums I regularly visit, this is the only one that restricts a member's ability to edit their posts to a short time. I've never understood why.
Point taken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts