Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, trying to get the OP updated with new CT5 reviews, but the edit icon has mysteriously disappeared. thanks.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,685 Posts
Your ability to edit a post expires 12 hours after original date/time. Please create a follow-up post in the same thread.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Would be nice to have the OP updateable, so its easier to see all the relevant info of the thread.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
7,926 Posts
It's not that hard to create a follow up post in the same thread.
True, but depending on the thread in question, a follow-up post may not be very helpful. If there's incorrect or out-of-date information presented in the original post, and a member then has to wade through 75 replies to get to the updated, corrected information, there's a good chance that updated/corrected information is going to be missed.

Of all of the automotive forums I regularly visit, this is the only one that restricts a member's ability to edit their posts to a short time. I've never understood why.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,618 Posts
True, but depending on the thread in question, a follow-up post may not be very helpful. If there's incorrect or out-of-date information presented in the original post, and a member then has to wade through 75 replies to get to the updated, corrected information, there's a good chance that updated/corrected information is going to be missed.

Of all of the automotive forums I regularly visit, this is the only one that restricts a member's ability to edit their posts to a short time. I've never understood why.
Point taken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts