Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to browse the forums and I can't find a fix for the oil consumption on my 07 cts with the 3.6 any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2007 CTS Sport
63 Posts
I have the same issue, it does not leak on the ground and I have no performance issues, 106000 miles so I just keep topping it of.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 3.6 LY7
236 Posts
Poorly Designed PCV system. Drilling out the office on the passenger to the new spec and installing a catch can helps to slow it down but it's more like a bandaid.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
848 Posts
My previous experience on 2 other GM cars leads me to believe that topping off the oil, even with syn oil at $8 a quart every month is about $100 a year. That will be less than any engine repair costs for the remaining life of the car.

It is a minor annoyance, however.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apreceate the info everyone, I have seen a video on the catch can and I can see just topping it off and checking every week is the least expensive route. I do plan on trading the vehicle in for a new car or truck in about 2 years.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Sport 3.6
256 Posts
What I did was, I went to sears and bought 2 of the oil/water separators, spliced those inline one on the dirty side and one on the clean side. After a few thousand miles my intake manifold and air intake tube are oil free. Good thing is these separators especially the dirty side catches ALOT of oil, the bad thing is I still have to top of my oil like I was before lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts