Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most complicated control on the Escalade has to be the turn stalk, that controls turns, wipers front and back, and headlights. It rivals the Cue with the number of systems it controls!

That said, at night mine is dark, so I cannot see any of the switches. Is there supposed to be a backlight for the turn stalk switches?

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
12 Posts
CJd said:
The most complicated control on the Escalade has to be the turn stalk, that controls turns, wipers front and back, and headlights. It rivals the Cue with the number of systems it controls! That said, at night mine is dark, so I cannot see any of the switches. Is there supposed to be a backlight for the turn stalk switches?
It's on the same circuit as the glove box light, which means non-existent.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
Unfortunately I believe the lighting is similar to the glove box, the cooler box area and behind the third row seats (on a short version) ; NO LIGHTING...

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
The most complicated control on the Escalade has to be the turn stalk, that controls turns, wipers front and back, and headlights. It rivals the Cue with the number of systems it controls!

That said, at night mine is dark, so I cannot see any of the switches. Is there supposed to be a backlight for the turn stalk switches?
Really! Has it changed that much from previous generation?

What is the problem?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that's a shame. I'll have to keep a small penlight to read the switches on the turn stalk at night. Thanks to all for the responses!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
CJd said:
Well, that's a shame. I'll have to keep a small penlight to read the switches on the turn stalk at night. Thanks to all for the responses!
It's actually intuitive. Even a blind person can figure it out. Top button for wipers, end button for short wash and wipe, turn the dial for rainsense and the button facing you is the rear. Who needs a light?

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's actually intuitive. Even a blind person can figure it out. Top button for wipers, end button for short wash and wipe, turn the dial for rainsense and the button facing you is the rear. Who needs a light?
I regularly drive a half dozen cars, none of which have the same "intuitive" controls the Cadi has. All the others DO have back lit controls on the stalks, though. As the blind person fumbles around trying to find the control he wants, he's scratching grit into his dry windows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts