Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
V-Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 and the bumpy ride has always kind of bothered me. Any bad road and the car just feels like it has no cushioning. My friend keeps bugging me about it and says there's something wrong with it, a Cadillac should not drive this rough. I've taken it to the dealer a couple times, they changed the front struts awhile ago but it's not much different. I keep getting told it's the low profile tires and low to the ground, is that the case? I have it on touring mode all the time and even lowered the tire pressure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine is pretty smooth in touring mode on Michelin AS/3 Sports. Much more so than my GLI Jetta or GT500 we’re. In sport or track mode it is rough as to be expected. I don’t have a clear answer for you, but these do have a stiffer suspension than a non V/V-Sport car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 V-Sport
584 Posts
I own a 2015 V-Sport and had a 2014 V-Sport, first, that was totalled in a rear ender about a year into owning it. Both cars drove the same. You can tell the differences from tour mode to track mode and I like sport mode mostly. When I switched from the Pirelli to the Michelin tires I noticed a difference. Less noise for one and I think a less rough ride that was a little noticeable. Still you get a more rough ride with run flats over non run flats though I have never used NRF tires, preferring to stick with RF tires. Even my 2004 CTS was a much more "feel the road" ride more closely resembling my 1995 BMW 540i. I drove BMW for 20+ years before I bought the 2004 CTS. BMW was just getting out of hand with repair costs and upkeep. Still think they are way overpriced for what you can get a comparable CTS for. I personally love the stiffer ride as I prefer feeling the road when I drive. My early thoughts about Cadillac (like the one my dad had) were they floated on the road as opposed to feeling the road. Hence BMW, but no longer. :cool:

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,113 Posts
You didn’t say what rubber you have on. If it’s the OEM Pirelli RFs they’re horrible. Get yourself a set of Michelin A/S 3s or PS4s and the ride will improve dramatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
V-Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The rears are Bridgestone Potenza's RE970AS, the fronts the dealer had some cheap chinese brand on there that bulged so I replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
I've been going 'round and 'round with my dealer over this too. There is a HUGE difference between summer and other tires, so it shouldn't be too bad with those on. It depends upon the pressure too. I run them all at 31- 32 cold, so they will be at 33-34 while driving. If I go on a track, I will bump them up then. I also notice a sideways kick when going over a pothole depression with the RR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts