·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just went out and started the car up...

• engine light
  • "engine power reduced"
  • car climbs to 2k and stays
  • zero throttle from the pedal - no blip, no nadda, just a dead pedal and 2k rpms
All lights are on and electronics working...

I LOVE THIS CAR!:thumbsup::mad::thumbsup::mad::thumbsup::mad:

?

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Well its not too late to name it Christine. Sorry Buddy.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
dump it and get an STS-V.....DAMHIK.

F

Come now F, he just said he wants to get his car running right. Not turn into someone who enjoys porkin Pork.:nana2:

(although being a Chef I'm betting he could do some crazy things to Pork)

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
Come now F, he just said he wants to get his car running right. Not turn into someone who enjoys porkin Pork.:nana2:

(although being a Chef I'm betting he could do some crazy things to Pork)
in my world "pork" is a verb, not a noun. And I do look super-cutie-pie in my black ref pants....free tix to all Cleveland visitors! (if Im workin the game)

F

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you try the TB reset procedure?
Yes..the same outcome.

Unplugged all computers, unplugged battery, unplugged my wife yelling at me to sell the car....Still same results...

start the car with zero pedal/throttle response while the reduced power pops up and hangs about 1-2k rpms...

:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I recall you saying that your MAF wiring was damaged after the stroker install- look there first. I know that TB issues will trip reduced power mode, but I believe that MAF issues can as well.

If that doesn't work, pull the main PCM fuse and pump the brake to discharge any residual power. Let it sit for little, then put the fuse back in and turn the key to the "ON" position, letting it sit for 5 minutes. The TB will cycle a few times and relearn the home position. Turn off, then start.

Also, if you happen to have an active OnStar account, they can pull the code and find out what's amiss. It's a long shot but I figured I'd mention it.
That's the best I can come up with at the moment.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
i'm gonna take you up on that offer...
Ill even buy you dinner after the game, sir. IOU one.

Yes..the same outcome.

Unplugged all computers, unplugged battery, unplugged my wife yelling at me to sell the car....Still same results...

start the car with zero pedal/throttle response while the reduced power pops up and hangs about 1-2k rpms...

:rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:
Wait til you buy something else....then your REALLY gonna hear the wife yelling. (and she'll also say something about "keeping this one stock"----hoo hah)
I hope you dont get to the point where it becomes a burden (like mine) and have to sell, but the next gen stuff is nice and there will be lots to work with....DAMHIK

F

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Did you try the TB reset procedure?

Yes..the same outcome.

I'm going to go snag a reader today... more to follow.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts