Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope there is something wrong with my car (2019 CTS-V) because it would be sad if Cadillac thinks that the way CUE works (for the issue I have) is acceptable on a 6 figures car..

Basically, the Album Art work does not show up when I play music (so far either MP3 on a thumb drive or XM radio)

The Album Art shows only when I select the folder view on the USB thumb drive, a very small icon next to the song on the list of songs within that folder but when I actually play the song, nothing.

In addition to that, on the USB drive, the folders and songs within the folder are not shown in alphabetical order.

Heck my 2015 Grand Cherokee UConnect system shows Album Art and put folders and songs in alphabetical order....even a 18K Dodge Dart or Honda Civic does that.

Am I doing something wrong?? Somebody figured out this issue or it is the way it is?? Cadillac and On Star Customer Service sent me back and forth and at some point blamed XM Radio...I called them and there is nothing wrong on their side.

I run out of options and I have to make a dealer appointment to look into it.

What makes me having some hope is that I saw some screenshots and videos of Cadillac vehicles with the first generation CUE system and I saw Album Art showing up playing XM Radio....it seems absurd to me that Cadillac took that feature away on the next generation.

Any Suggestions??

I'm posting the same message on another Cadillac V owner forum I belong.....keeping my fingers crossed!!

I absolutely love my new V but this is very annoying.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSPORT (Retired); 2018 CTS V-Sport Prem. Morello Red Edition
58 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? I noticed the same on my 18 with Cue Gen 3. My 14 had album art and did not require and special configuration/setting to display.

·
Registered
2018 CST V series
6 Posts
Hi there saturno_v

I read your post and had to reply, first off I have to admit I dont know much yet about the cue system except I like it a lot!

And I noticed that my album art work shows up from my I-phone
It shows up on Apple Car Play which is USB connect. It shows up with my i-phone with bluetooth connect. It also shows up on spotify nicely as well. But I have to admit I have never tried loading music any other way like on a USB drive.
I have a late 2018 V that I just love as well. What a Car Man I never get tired of climbing into it and going for a drive! I cant wait every day. I have a Viper ACR and a Prowler but this V is something special! Its just a treat and a pleasure to drive! How lucky are we!

Best of luck with yours and happy motoring .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts