Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows everybodys N* holdin' up? I had to bring my car back to the dealer 4 weeks after my last oil change service becuase the oil level was low...they put in a quart...i have almost 100k miles on the N*...and my computer is showing an avg 13.4 to the gallon, thats pretty damn bad in my book.... anyway the car still runs good *knock on wood* but im worried that when my car hits over 100k things will start to fall apart...but i do have faith in my car and will hope and pray nothing goes wrong...

PS i do know about the N*s huge oil consumption...it's just that now that i actaully have a cadillac im starting to question some things...

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
What I dont understand is why you would take it in to have a quart of oil added. Really not difficult to do that yourself.
13.4, Id have to say that is a bit low too. Did you just get the car ? Have the plugs and wires been changed ? Maybe clean out the throttle body, Check the EGR ports. Could just be in dire need of a major tune up.
And just before it hits 100k, at around 99,998k make sure your near a service station cause it could blow. :histeric:
Just kiddin man ;) .
Run a diagnostic and do a major tune up and you should be fine. Check for trouble codes to see if anything isnt working right.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Murphyg said:
What I dont understand is why you would take it in to have a quart of oil added. Really not difficult to do that yourself.
13.4, Id have to say that is a bit low too. Did you just get the car ? Have the plugs and wires been changed ? Maybe clean out the throttle body, Check the EGR ports. Could just be in dire need of a major tune up.
And just before it hits 100k, at around 99,998k make sure your near a service station cause it could blow. :histeric:
Just kiddin man ;) .
Run a diagnostic and do a major tune up and you should be fine. Check for trouble codes to see if anything isnt working right.

the oil was free :shhh: the car was puchased in 97' my dad decided to give me the car as a B-day gift...anyway should i have it tuned up??? maybe...but thats costs money :crybaby: I NEED A JOB!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
That engine is gonna last a long time....It's not uncommon to see two hundred thousand miles and still running strong! Just maintain it and it'll be fine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anyone for another gas mileage thread? My 94 Eldo gets 18.1 in mixed mostly city driving...I don't push it TOO often...

·
Registered
4 Posts
93 ETC, avg hovers right around 18mpg in city..and only push it hard sometimes, tho when i think about it maybe it's more often than i like to think.
George

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GSkatilas said:
93 ETC, avg hovers right around 18mpg in city..and only push it hard sometimes, tho when i think about it maybe it's more often than i like to think.
George
18??? why is mine at 13.5??? :bonkers:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
right now my 4.9 is getting about 13.5.... BUT I have been driving alot of short distance trips, alot of slow speed in town driving, it is below freezing outside etc....

I am not worried, I usually get 18-19 around town and 28 on the highway.... next spring and she gets a big tune up

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh yeah, definately go for the tune up. Mne had 134,000 on it when I got it and I thought was pretty good, But then a couple days later I did a tune up and man what a difference.

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
Mikethegreeat said:
hows everybodys N* holdin' up? I had to bring my car back to the dealer 4 weeks after my last oil change service becuase the oil level was low...they put in a quart...i have almost 100k miles on the N*...and my computer is showing an avg 13.4 to the gallon, thats pretty damn bad in my book...
I don't get much better in my 94 Eldorado living here in So. Cal where there seems to be a stoplight every 50 feet... :banghead:

I thought 14.5mpg was bad, but when I took the car on a trip to AZ to visit my mother, I started getting 18-20mpg in mixed city and highway driving... The main difference was that traffic there wasn't stop and go, and I didn't have to stop and take off nearly as often at traffic lights...

·
Registered
Eldorado Touring Coupe
19 Posts
Gas mileage etc northstar

MARKVIII said:
my '01 etc get 20.3 per gallon..i drive 75% highway 25% city...
The dash on my '94 etc northstar says 18.3 right now (100K, w/o tuneup), when I drive mostly highway it was up to 20mpg. The lowest its ever said was 16.9, because I let it idle for a long time while I sit in it at work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts