Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i walk outside and lift my trunk... oddly, some water dripped into my trunk as i opened it... which has never happened before...

i left the trunk open & went inside for a minute... when i came back, i noticed a small puddle of (something) on the ground by the back left corner of the car, to the left of the muffler/exhaust tip...

pictures below...

wtf happened / is happening??

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Re: SHIT! is my differential leaking!?!

that does not look like diff. fluid... its in the wrong place and looks like water. Did you feel it? It would feel oily. whens the last time the car was washed? actually,we had all that rain yesterday... was it outside? Might just have been some water in between the weather seal trim and the edge of the rear 1/4 panel that finally dripped down

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: SHIT! is my differential leaking!?!

thats what i'm thinking too... i got under the car and looked for the differential...
its not it and thanks for the response steve. and IGMAV
ya the car is always in the driveway...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Smell the liquid and if it smells pretty funky, then it's the gear lube, otherwise if it's odourless you're fine. The actual differential is closer to the center and right between the two wheels!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i'm sure its not the diff... thank god.... now i'm thinking maybe my damn bezel is collecting water?
or maybe it was nothing ... thanks anyway boooort :)

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
no i'm sure its not the diff... thank god.... now i'm thinking maybe my damn bezel is collecting water?
or maybe it was nothing ... thanks anyway boooort :)
Considering the insane rain yesterday and the car was outside... I think/hope your fine.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
i walk outside and lift my trunk... oddly, some water dripped into my trunk as i opened it... which has never happened before...

i left the trunk open & went inside for a minute... when i came back, i noticed a small puddle of (something) on the ground by the back left corner of the car, to the left of the muffler/exhaust tip...

pictures below...

wtf happened / is happening??
Taste it.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
immediately after i posted the thread & went back out to smell it & accidently bopped my nose on the driveway.... for the record, ouch, and it was water, not diff. fluid.

tasting it? sorry

FOR THE RECORD
there is currently a bug crawling around in a figure 8 and for a few moments i thought it was the new emoticon....
aaaaaand it just jumped/flew onto the computer desk...
just so you know :lol:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you're disgusting ... lol and no... i moved the car and it continued to drip & create a new puddle....
by the way, that "puppy" is almost 8 i think

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
meant that its not a puppy.. in dog years its already had a mid-life crisis!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts