Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if madtuner is still in business. I've tried to contact madtuner via email but got no reply. I am being cautious before sending in my cash on his site for ecm and tcm programming because I haven't seen anything from madtuner for some time now.

Any help or knowledge as to how to contact him would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Neutrocuted said:
Hey guys, I was wondering if madtuner is still in business. I've tried to contact madtuner via email but got no reply. I am being cautious before sending in my cash on his site for ecm and tcm programming because I haven't seen anything from madtuner for some time now. Any help or knowledge as to how to contact him would be appreciated. Thanks
Still working with him last I heard.

·
Registered
2005 STS N*, 1SF, 144K mi.
650 Posts
Boy, I hope he's still around! I had him do a very aggressive tune on my TCM, but only while in "M"...and I love it, I shift manually 100% of the time now...but only minor changes on the ECM. With the drop in fuel prices, I've gone to all 93 octane all the time. Thinking about going aggressive there, too.

And before anyone asks why I don't just have a manual trans, it's because of injuries to my lower left leg. I can do a clutch, but not in stop-and-go traffic for more than a few minutes without excruciating pain.

BTW, motorcycles are really fun, but there is a very definite risk. Still, didn't die, was worth it.Boy, I hope he's still around! I had him do a very aggressive tune on my TCM, but only in "M"...and I love it, I shift manually 100% of the time now...but only minor changed on the ECM. With the drop in fuel prices, I've gone to all 93 octane all the time. Thinking about going aggressive there, too.

And before anyone asks why I don't just have a manual trans, it's because of injuries to my lower left leg. I can do a clutch, but not in stop-and-go traffic for more than a few minutes without excruciating pain.

BTW, motorcycles are really fun, but there is a very definite risk. Still, didn't die, was worth it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I was being sarcastic. I'm still testing suspension tunes for him.
Did you get an ecm or tcm tune? Or just suspension. I thought I read somewhere that you got the works! Can you get in touch with him?

----------

Boy, I hope he's still around! I had him do a very aggressive tune on my TCM, but only while in "M"...and I love it, I shift manually 100% of the time now...but only minor changes on the ECM...
How about your sport mode? Any changes there?

·
Registered
650 Posts
How about your sport mode? Any changes there?
Yes. I asked him to make it shift as quickly and firmly as possible. He said he got it as quick and 'hard' as either a C4 or C5 Vette.

I haven't played much in sport, but in manual, it'll bounce off the rev-limiter all day long. Also, while I don't think he managed get the converter to stay locked in 2nd-5th gears during shifts, which I wanted, it does so with such speed, I now get a 2-3 chirp if I shift about 400 RPM before redline. Not while at WOT, but at like 80%, which confuses me.

I'll mess with it, Monday, and report back.

I really wanted it to do exactly what I told it. Take off in 5th gear? Yes. Not that I'd do that, but I want to be able to put it in 5th at 25 MPH, if I want, with the converter locked, period, unless in 1st or shifting to 2nd.

5th gear, converter locked, at 25 MPH and WOT? Exactly. I TOLD YOU NO SHIFTING, MACHINE!!

:)

There is mechanical design integral to the converter which allows variable slippage rates, and that goes all over me. It should be locked or not, none of this 'in between' crap. No.

In between wears the clutch material, and an automatic doesn't need any more of that.

I volunteered to test any body computer stuff, too, 'cause I really don't want DRLs, I want remote control opening & closing of windows...stuff like that.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I read somewhere that you do remote window control with a Tech II. I had that feature on a 2000 Lincoln LS I had and absolutely loved it. It closed or opened all windows and the moon roof.

Did you do your programming yourself with a supplied cable? If you did, where did you plug in the cable for the ecm and tcm?

·
Registered
2008 STS LLT 3.6DI RWD
64 Posts
Two weeks ago he did for me aggressive tune on my ECM and TCM, I only use 95 or 98 octane all the time and now it is a completely different car, and I love it. Now I really feel the power even with LLT (3.6DI) engine.

P.S. I have also Spiral ported throttle body and Black Ice-Olator from RevXtreme.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Neutrocuted said:
Did you get an ecm or tcm tune? Or just suspension. I thought I read somewhere that you got the works! Can you get in touch with him? ---------- How about your sport mode? Any changes there?
Got it all. He's a member on the forum too.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two weeks ago he did for me aggressive tune on my ECM and TCM, I only use 95 or 98 octane all the time and now it is a completely different car, and I love it. Now I really feel the power even with LLT (3.6DI) engine.

P.S. I have also Spiral ported throttle body and Black Ice-Olator from RevXtreme.
I see you're on the other side... of the planet! Did you send your boxes in or did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
2008 STS LLT 3.6DI RWD
64 Posts
I purchased cable for an extra $ 200 because TCM is integrated in the transmission. It's very simple, he will give you instructions. The most important be sure that the battery on your laptop and the car is in good condition.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that you do remote window control with a Tech II. I had that feature on a 2000 Lincoln LS I had and absolutely loved it. It closed or opened all windows and the moon roof.

Did you do your programming yourself with a supplied cable? If you did, where did you plug in the cable for the ecm and tcm?
Yeah, all the body stuff requires, for the foreseeable future, a Tech II.

The programming is ultra-easy, uses the OBDII port above the driver's left shin.

The reason I really want the remote close bit for the windows & sunroof is because I played tilted-up sunroof and windows down about an inch weather roulette a few years back, and lost...badly.

Texas storms can be truly ugly. 7"+/hr. rain rates. Not for long, but three minutes of that is all you need to make your car a swamp.

I could have closed them from an upstairs window at work had they been remote, but instead, I had to go downstairs, around, and through security, so five minutes, by which time it was a light rain.

I'm more risk-averse in sunroof roulette, now.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
The secure car feature will express close all windows already. Just not the roof. Press and hold the lock button for a few seconds.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Ludacrisvp said:
The secure car feature will express close all windows already. Just not the roof. Press and hold the lock button for a few seconds.
Only works on late 06+ cars...or 05s with 06+ rcdlrs lol.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Correct. I was just making a note... I pioneered that mod too remember with the RCDLR swap... Was in my HUD swap.

He has 06 which case the TSB stated some 06 were shipped with feature off. A dealer can turn it on but you will have to pay now for it as its highly unlikely to find an 06 still under bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
2001 Eldorado
1 Posts
ive tried emailing them too, but to no avail. they are not responding to my emails. i guess i will try another vendor for my business...

·
Registered
2003 Deville LD8, 2007 STS V8 AWD
35 Posts
So he is still around because I got the email I been waiting for!

I'm ready to order but I'm not sure where to find this information:

ECM/PCM/VCM/TCM service number:
(located on the module's label) .

Where are these located on a 2007 STS4 V8?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts