Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently bought an 04 Escalade for my wife to drive. Bought it of a twenty year old kid who ripped out the shocks and replaced them with the cheapest ones he could find or so it would seem. I want it to ride nice for my wife and am wondering if it is worth putting the electric shocks back in or just to go with the Arnott Bilstein air shocks. It seems like everyone seems to be putting something else in instead of the factory system. Why? What is the best?

·
Registered
2005 Escalade EXT, 1999 GMC Yukon Denali, 1986 Toyota AE86
75 Posts
Well the air shocks are really just there to compensate for added weight/load/towing etc. It actually adjusts the height according to weight.

You'll be fine with just a good aftermarket shock, Bilstein, Monroe etc.

What shocks are in there now? And how is the ride?? I couldnt imagine the ride being horrible....

If you plan on carrying heavy loads, Towing etc. Then maybe the Autoride suspension is something you may look into. If not just stick with some good aftermarket shocks, And there are plenty of options!

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your posts. I guess I am wondering if anyone has noticed a big difference between the electric dampening shocks and a Bilstein shock. The ones that are on it right now are red. I know that doesn't help but there is no other information. I was thinking of buying some Bilsitien shocks. I have read further in other posts and they say that the air ride 1000 kit works good and is reasonably priced.
Is the reason that everyone changes them just for reliability reasons, or is there something about the electric dampening shocks that I don't know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts