Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to stick with the 307 in my 87 Fleetwood for now being that it runs good and go with a 403 later on. Anyway the car needs an exhaust so I'm going to install a dual exhaust on it. Think I'll see an increase in power by doing so?. I'm thinking 2.25" exhaust would be fine. I wont be running cats on it since there are no emissions laws in FL. Also I'm thinking about removing the smog pump, any reason not to?. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Destroyer said:
I've decided to stick with the 307 in my 87 Fleetwood for now being that it runs good and go with a 403 later on. Anyway the car needs an exhaust so I'm going to install a dual exhaust on it. Think I'll see an increase in power by doing so?. I'm thinking 2.25" exhaust would be fine. I wont be running cats on it since there are no emissions laws in FL. Also I'm thinking about removing the smog pump, any reason not to?. Thanks.
let me know how that works out i was thinking of doing the same thing but the trans crossover only has one cut out so they may have to route the two pipes on the one side then split to the duals :yup:

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
2.25"? on a V8 I owuld run atleast 2.5, if not 2.75 or 3"

my 4.9 has 2.5" stock, I *WAS* thinking about going with a nice 2.75" or 3" FlowMaster cat-back with dual pipes, but probally not anymore seeing as how rare the car is.....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
low caddy said:
let me know how that works out i was thinking of doing the same thing but the trans crossover only has one cut out so they may have to route the two pipes on the one side then split to the duals :yup:
getting it done next week. Any decent shop can make another cut out on the crossover so thats no prob. Had it done on my old '84 Cutlass that I swapped a 350 chevy in place of the v6.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Night Wolf said:
2.25"? on a V8 I owuld run atleast 2.5, if not 2.75 or 3"

my 4.9 has 2.5" stock, I *WAS* thinking about going with a nice 2.75" or 3" FlowMaster cat-back with dual pipes, but probally not anymore seeing as how rare the car is.....
On the 307 I think 2.25" exhaust should be plenty. Anything more will probably take away some torque which the car really needs. :bouncy:

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Especially with dual exhaust even 2.5" is more then good enough for it. Don't forget that as a single exhaust that would be about 5" :p Even 5L Mustangs just have 2 1/4" dual exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
davesdeville