Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum I have a 92 Seville 118,000 two days ago on the way to work it cut off, the dash said low oil pressure and it would crank but not turn over. had it towed home the next day it started fine checked the codes they were I034 I037 I039 I052 and E031 so I replaced the map sensor the next day it drove fine but yesterday on the way to work it cut off. It would crank but not turn over I put the old map sensor on still same problem. Got a ride to work. after work it started right up but no new codes. I just got it 6 weeks ago nice lookin car but I can see it's going to be pain. Thank for the help.:banghead:

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
:welcome: The only way to tell if it is the fuel pump is to put a fuel pressure guage on it and see what your fuel pressure is when it will not start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will check the fuel pressure regulator and the pump when it stop again thanks for the help Guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again just wanted to give a update on the car, The problem was a ignition control modual (ICM) Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I have a new one. The car ran hot and coolant pushed out from the overflow tank on the test drive, I also noticed that I only have one fan, its on the drivers side, hope this is the problem and not the head gaskets. Also on test drive heat went cold. I put a new core in two weeks ago the old core was packed with what looked like green clay gel mix. I will get new cap, overflow tank, fan, drain system, bars tabs. I put new thermostat with heater core.

·
Super Moderator
86,785 Posts
Sounds like you need to flush the system also. I am guesing that the radiator is clogged with gelled coolant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the overflow tank off and it to was packed with gelled coolant. going to get her flushed friday. And Put a FOR SALE SIGN on it saturday.

·
Super Moderator
86,785 Posts
Coolant jelling is a sure sign that the cooling system has not been maintained.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts