Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please keep in mind im new to the Cadillac/Escalade world. So im thinking of getting a new car and I am leaning heavily toward a 07 or 08 Escalade. I dont have a lot of money but what I am looking for is a White Diamond AWD 22" rims loaded (Nav, rear entertainment package, back up camera, etc, etc) with less that 50K miles on it for somewhere near $30K. Is this even possible? maybe like $35K max.

What are some things i should look out for? Wind Noise? Any other issues? What would u Escalade experts look for/ask if your were gonna buy another one?

I did a quick search locally and found some Escalades with everything i wanted for about $40K but dont know If I can talk them down to low $30's.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Welcome :) Anything is possible, once you get 4 wheel or all wheel drives over 50k miles the price starts dropping quickly, I saw an 07' with 78k miles and the price was listed at 31k, it looked like it had 230k miles on it, lots of dents and scratches, but the inside was in very good shape. The price went back up in the last month, several dealers just offered me between 3k & 6k more on a trade than 3 months ago, very starange but I wil take it. :) You may want to save a little more money and get one with much less mileage on it for 35k-37k

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Black Ultra Luxury AWD
24 Posts
On a fully loaded 07/08 your best bet is to continuosly check craigs list. It will be high miles. Dont let that scare you. I had a 2003 escalade and sold it when it had 193,000 miles. Not one problem. The engines in these last forever. Always prmium gas, always synthetic oil. In AZ theyre is a 2007 fully loaded diamind tri-coat with 20k miles or so. The lady will take 39k for it. It is awesome looking. You can e-mail me at [email protected] and I will forward some links to what I think are great deals below retail. DO NOT GO TO THE DEALER SCUM!!!!!!
I can find the vehicle your looking for. In your price range. Auction prices on a high mile lease/rental return 07 is about 31k

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
28 Posts
I just bought an 07 Escalade 2 weeks ago and in the month prior I could not find a fully loaded 07, under 50k miles for less than $38-40.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Black Ultra Luxury AWD
24 Posts
Hey,
I know someone selling a 2008 with 20k miles for 38k!!! Balck on Black wih 22" rims and tires.

·
Registered
Escalade
15 Posts
When I bought my '08 in October of 2008 there were fully loaded (nav, sunroof, cooled seats, 22" rear camera, etc.) 2007 models with over 30k miles going for mid to high 30's. I would assume you could get one cheaper now unless the drop in gas prices have raised the prices. Probably also depends where you are located.

Mine has been great. I would recommend driving several and listening for wind noise. Check out the service history and give them a thorough inspection.

If you buy from a dealer you can get a used one "certified" which is basically an extended warranty up to 100k miles and 5 years bumper to bumper. You will pay more, but it may be worth it in the long run and for peace of mind. I don't think they do much to "certify" them as the one I bought had several obvious issues that should have been picked up under a basic "certification" process. So in my opinion you are paying for an extended warranty that is hassle free compared to non-factory extended warranties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts