Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Dumb question, but I'm not seeing any major differences between the two engines outside of output by looking the numbers, but I'm ignorant on the subject. Anyone tried this before or is this not feasible?

·
Registered
Current 2014 red CTS Vsport/ Black Raven 2013 3.6 ATS4 gone
3,541 Posts
There are some in the works. A vendor on here said they could do it. They put them in the 3.6 cts's. I don't remember who thogh.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,454 Posts
Anything is possible... I would suspect the plumbing issues would be the major item.

·
Registered
2018 XTS VSport Platinum AWD
283 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,454 Posts
^^^^ Looks like a 2.0 setup to me not a 3.6. Yes you can put a bigger turbo on. But, are the rest of the engine components up to the task of increased boost.

Pfadt did a intake, exhaust, turbo, a tune at the Mile and went from 138 mph stock to 162 mph with mods. I did 144 with a stock 2.0 and Diablo tune.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I need one on those puppy's Hurry up with the 100g test.
One of the vendors on this board has developed a Vortech supercharger kit.. And it is currently in long term testing on a ATS4 3.6 ..

The long term test is I believe 100,000 miles.. And is necessary to assure quality, and to achieve a certification..

----------

HERE YOU GO... This is what I spoke of..

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-performance-forum/541482-trifecta-presents-cadillac-ats-3-6-a.html

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T RWD, DP, Intake, HPT, CC
2,404 Posts
We'll see one when some one drops their car off at LMR, Rev X, TRS or a similar shop and a check for $7k or $8k.

Reactions: oemtech

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Mo money mo Money. I'll get one installed at homeboys shopping network son:highfive:
We'll see one when some one drops their car off at LMR, Rev X, TRS or a similar shop and a check for $7k or $8k.

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
^^^ my observation is that going with turbos tend to be a more expense option than a basic vortech centri set-up. Good turbos are expensive and the plumbing is more complicated than making a bracket and running a belt. Of course, if the goal is really big power, belt slip and other issues crop up when using a s/c.

Good luck with your setup. That's a different league from most of us.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Performance
20 Posts
I personally will prob go for the supercharger kit once the testing is done, might make a couple ctsv's look twice !

·
Registered
283 Posts
^^^ my observation is that going with turbos tend to be a more expense option than a basic vortech centri set-up. Good turbos are expensive and the plumbing is more complicated than making a bracket and running a belt. Of course, if the goal is really big power, belt slip and other issues crop up when using a s/c.

Good luck with your setup. That's a different league from most of us.
The difference in cost between going a turbo or a centrifugal supercharger in the class racing I do.. Is pretty much a half dozen of one, and six of the other..

If you want to run a class legal supercharger you need something like this http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30188 .. That's just the blower.. You'll probably need something like this just to mount it.. https://www.cachassisworks.com/cac_press_CDS-supercharger-drive.html ..

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
We're talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about a typical bolt-on kit for a street car. 50%, maybe 100% gain over over stock with some exhaust work and a meth kit to go with it. A twin turbo kit or even a single turbo kit for the V6 is going to be more expensive than a simple s/c kit.

Systems with 1,000 HP are a different animal.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know what you're talking about.. Years ago I put a Kenne-Bell screw supercharger kit on a 1987 5.0 Mustang I owned.. Since it was one of the first screw supercharger street kits to hit the market.. I believe it cost me around 3200 bucks.. Later, those same kits could be had as cheap as 2600 dollars brand new... The turbo street kits of those days for the 5.0 Mustang were more than twice the cost of a Kenne-Bell..

BTW... My 5.0 with the basic supercharger kit on it.. Ran 13.60 at 104.. Just a little quicker than a stock 3.6 ATS.. But that was about a full second, and 10 mph faster than a stock Mustang..

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Picking up a full second and 10 mph is a solid accomplishment, especially if that is after the easy stuff like opening up the exhaust and running drag radials. That's power you can feel and it leaves most of your buddies in the dust.

The last 15 - 20 years have seen some big improvements in performance. The mighty LS1 was only rated for about 320 HP when it came out, about the same as the ATS's V6. It had more torque, but sitting in a heavier F-Body, the car was only a little faster than a stock ATS V6. Sure felt fast when I first owned it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That 10 mph improvement was on a totally stock car.. With 2.73 rear gears..

Later, with that same blower.. And 3.55 rear gears, Edelbrock aluminum heads, ported lower intake manifold, relocated battery, drag radials, light weight racing wheels, aluminum driveshaft, larger throttle body, and smaller blower pulley ect, ect, ect .. It ran 11.6's at 120 mph thru 4 mufflers with a 5 speed manual transmission..

It dyno'd 486 ft lbs of rear wheel torque at 2600 rpms.. That was a fun stick shift car to drive..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts