Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ESCALADE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2003 Escalade and it has power folding mirrors. Is it possible to make side mirrors fold in when I lock my car?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
No but you can fold them in before exiting the truck
On the mirror controls make sure the mirror selector in the middle position and use the mirror adjustment pad to work the power fold(a little mirror shaped light will turn on) press the left to fold out press the right to fold in
Simple as that

I fold mine in in the spring and summer to reduce the risk of someone hitting them when walking by the truck

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
There is aftermarket alarms that do it(not sure on some of the aftermarket keyless entry units)

But that's not a factory(I wish it was though)

I noticed a alarm chirp(non factory) so that leads me to think the guy has a aftermarket alarm and has a set button on the remote to work the mirrors(can also be set to roll up windows and close the sun roof if equipped) and it is also programmed to fold the mirrors when he arms the alarm

·
Registered
ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
186 Posts
i spoke to my stereo guy today and he said it could be done easy with just about any alarm as long as it has an extra channel

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
caprice man 76 said:
i spoke to my stereo guy today and he said it could be done easy with just about any alarm as long as it has an extra channel
It's same for if you want the auto window roll up also

·
Registered
419 Posts
caprice man 76 said:
That is an awesome feature that I didn't even think of or I would have had my stereo guy do that on my Escalade when I had my aftermarket alarm put on years ago. I don't do the window roll down feature anymore do to being at a bar years ago and I accidentally hit the button on my remote in my pocket inadvertently rolling the windows down on my Eldorado touring coupe while it was raining! My girlfriend wasn't that happy when we ran to my car to notice the windows down and it was pouring rain! :-(

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Mark Edward Morrison said:
That is an awesome feature that I didn't even think of or I would have had my stereo guy do that on my Escalade when I had my aftermarket alarm put on years ago. I don't do the window roll down feature anymore do to being at a bar years ago and I accidentally hit the button on my remote in my pocket inadvertently rolling the windows down on my Eldorado touring coupe while it was raining! My girlfriend wasn't that happy when we ran to my car to notice the windows down and it was pouring rain! :-(
Ouch that sucks
I think I would avoid the windows

It can be done if you can get in contact with the shop that did it

·
Registered
ESCALADE ESV PLATINUM
186 Posts
he also told me that.well i only asked about my 05.but he said it had a output or was it an input. i forgot on the power fold and that it was not canbus.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
Do all escalades have the power mirror? I have an 06 ESV Platinum, had no idea it had the feature (if it does).

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
baller95 said:
Do all escalades have the power mirror? I have an 06 ESV Platinum, had no idea it had the feature (if it does).
Power mirror
Power fold
Heated mirrors
Memory mirrors
Auto dimming(driver only)
Puddle lamps

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
I am not sure how this works, does the mirror button send a message or is it hard coded to the door module? (i asume its message as the passenger door mirror has to do it as well).

Someone on the BMW forum made a module that read messages then sent one once it got it, might be a slight overkill, but means the module could be install anywhere in the data bus.

Meaning "read lock truck message" ::: "send close mirror message".

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
the cadillac man said:
Power mirror Power fold Heated mirrors Memory mirrors Auto dimming(driver only) Puddle lamps
How does the heated mirrors feature work? Are they always heated or is there something that has to be selected in the truck? Like the defroster?

·
Registered
None at the moment
623 Posts
How does the heated mirrors feature work? Are they always heated or is there something that has to be selected in the truck? Like the defroster?
Pressing the rear window defroster, the mirrors are then heated as well.

·
Premium Member
2004 Escalade 6.0
1,122 Posts
My Viper 4806 Remote Starter does when it senses it is cold. I also turns on the rear and rear side window defrosters. I saved driver 1 to put the front window on defrost and driver 2 to 75 degrees and windshield defroster and floor heat. I start it remotely as driver 1 and when I get in I press driver 2.

·
Registered
EXT
88 Posts
Damn that's awesome. I'm not sure of my remote start brand..I have a factory key pad that I press the lock button 3 times and it starts, ha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts