Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2022 CT5 Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is 18” tire option in CT5 luxury model, but there isn’t 18” option for sport model. Not sure if it is possible to install 18” wheel and snow tire in my 2022 CT5 sport.

· Premium Member
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
5,497 Posts
You should read this thread: Wheels for CT5V. Note offset and width specs in post #40.

My concern was fitment over the Brembo brakes (which the Sport model has). To the best of my knowledge, nobody has shared info that they've successfully fit 18s to a CT5 equipped with Brembos. That doesn't mean that nobody has succeeded, just that they haven't shared it here.

I had decided to run 19s in the winter and move to 20s for the summer - if my car ever gets built, that is...

· Registered
2022 CT5 Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wheels in Canadian Tire is on sale, and can pay in 24 months equally, found very few choices, decide to try this one for my snow tires. Not sure if it will fit my 2022 Cadillac CT5 Sport.
  • Offset: 35 mm
  • Wheel Diameter: 19 in
  • Wheel Width: 8 in
Wheel Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Alloy wheel

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
As far as I can see, the CT5's Brembo option is basically the same setup that was used on other Cadillac models - 345mm rotors with 4-piston Brembos - like the '14-19 CTS VSport or the CT6 (non V). Those models come from the factory with 18" wheels, so I don't see any reason to think that an appropriate 18" wheel (with proper spoke design to clear the Brembo calipers) won't fit on a CT5. Hell, I run 18" wheels on my CTS-V with 370mm rotors (a full inch larger) and 6-piston Brembos!

Seems silly to buy 19" wheels that you're not even sure will fit if 18"s is what you want.

· Premium Member
5,497 Posts
But the technician in Canadian Tire told me do not use the non-manufacture size, otherwise will break the transmission at big chance.
Technician in Canadian Tire: wheels will break the transmission.

Me: WTF?

For those of you who don't live in Canada, Canadian Tire is where we should never go for mechanic advice.

So, if you stick with smaller wheels while maintaining the OEM diameter of the wheel/tire combo, there will be absolutely no harm to the vehicle. OTOH, going to Canadian Tire could absolutely harm the vehicle.

· Registered
ATS 2.0 Turbo
36 Posts
Lol @ the interactions with Canadian Tire. I can definitely see their staff saying things like that. Although it could be due to liability, not wanting to risk with non OE wheel sizes.

so back to my original question.. anyone running 18s winter wheel/tires on V/non-V with Brembos?

· Premium Member
5,497 Posts
Lol @ the interactions with Canadian Tire. I can definitely see their staff saying things like that. Although it could be due to liability, not wanting to risk with non OE wheel sizes.

so back to my original question.. anyone running 18s winter wheel/tires on V/non-V with Brembos?
Not I. I have the stock 19s

· Premium Member
5,497 Posts
Do you install the TPMS in your snow tires?
Every car I've ever owned that had TPMS sensors - and this goes back to 2004 - I have bought a set of sensors for my winter tires. This is a Cadillac. Why would I scrimp on $200 worth of sensors on a Cadillac?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts