Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'16 CTS Performance 2.0T AWD - Black Raven / Kona Brown Leather
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed Adaptive Cruise on a vehicle that didn't have it?

Toying with the idea, wondering if anyone has even done this.
I'm thinking I would need the radar module, fusion module, wiring harness (?), new emblem (part #?).

Already have the front camera for Lane Keep Assist. Not sure if that requires a new software flash as well as any other ECU (engine or brakes for instance)

·
Registered
2014 CTS
179 Posts
Never heard of it. What is the advantage over regular cruise?

Googled it...never mind. Not for me. I want to drive my car, I don't want it driving me. To each his own...

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac ATS
1,141 Posts
Not gonna happen. Adaptive cruise is a significant option that uses sensors and wire harnesses not on your vehicle. Even the entire grill is different. Plus programming and all sorts of stuff that I dont even know of. It would probably be easier and maybe even cheaper to just trade in your CTS for a premium model that has that option package.

To sjd, adaptive cruise is actually an awesome feature. It doesn't necessarily drive the car for you, but its just a very fancy cruise control. It has the capability to pace vehicles in front of you so you dont constantly cancel cruise and resume. Don't knock it until you try it....its awesome and works VERY well. My 2017 premium luxury has it and it was a requirement when I was searching for cars as I use it on a daily basis.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not gonna happen. Adaptive cruise is a significant option that uses sensors and wire harnesses not on your vehicle. Even the entire grill is different. Plus programming and all sorts of stuff that I dont even know of. It would probably be easier and maybe even cheaper to just trade in your CTS for a premium model that has that option package.

To sjd, adaptive cruise is actually an awesome feature. It doesn't necessarily drive the car for you, but its just a very fancy cruise control. It has the capability to pace vehicles in front of you so you dont constantly cancel cruise and resume. Don't knock it until you try it....its awesome and works VERY well. My 2017 premium luxury has it and it was a requirement when I was searching for cars as I use it on a daily basis.
people probably said the same thing about power brakes or power steering..

Now, in Mother Russia, you not drive car, car drive you..

·
Registered
2014 CTS
179 Posts
It has the capability to pace vehicles in front of you so you dont constantly cancel cruise and resume.
Oh, ok. That sounds reasonable.

I live in the crowded northeast, which makes cruise almost impossible to use and pretty much worthless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts