Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went by the body shop at the Caddy dealer today to drop off my new oem grill to have them paint it body color. I tell him it's an '05 Moonstone. He gets his book out and can't seem to find Moonstone in the '05 color book.

We go out to the car, open the trunk, he pulls the spare tire cover off and there's a parts list sticker on the underside. He checks the codes and sees the color is noted as 805K. Back to his '05 book to look up 805K.

805K shows up as Dark Spiral Gray Effect, not Moonstone. Sure was a surprise to me. I suppose it doesn't really matter much, but it's interesting to me that the window sticker would say one thing, but the parts list would note something else.

He actually had 3 different 805K samples (looked like a local spray). Each one a slightly different shade than the others. One of them did match up to my car, so we'll see how it comes back.

Anyone else have a Dark Spiral Gray Effect color on their CTS?

·
Registered
03 Redline CTS Lux Pkg
1,031 Posts
I have heard about 5 different names for the color of my CTS...redline, infrared, opera red. There's others, i just can't think of them. He's got the code, I'm sure you are ok

·
Registered
634 Posts
The sticker on my '05 reads "moonstone". It was available only in '05.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
megeebee said:
The sticker on my '05 reads "moonstone". It was available only in '05.
megeebee...if you can, check out the parts label attached to the underside of your spare tire cover. What color code does it show?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love the moonstone color - but it is really hard to describe the gray, green gold metelflake type color. :thumbsup:

I just had my spoiler and grille painted moonstone - the Auto body shop took the paint code from the CTS and had no trouble matching the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts