Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... has this place become a drama setter? i mean, i am getting emails from banned members about joining "camp Stoney" and that Sal is going to "allow" me to go to both places... what the hell? ill go to both if i damn well please i dont know what they are talking about. Sal do you know? all these people that used to be here are turning it into some kind of drama between the two. they are all mad because they got banned i guess. i was asked to join but they told me RB was there and i dont like him so i am not joining. im sure Stoney still has access to this area, im sure theyll wanna know what i said and why... but i remain loyal to this forum, even though i might not be on here as much anymore... this is still home. looking forward to a reply.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
What??? Where's Stoney been? Have I missed something?

If all of this banning keeps going on, I might get out while the gettins' good.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
airbalancer said:
must be you I never got an email, but then I just go with the flow.
If I want want shit I go and talk to the wife:duck:
LOL that was funny. no stoney didnt leave, he is still a mod here but he has his own forum to take away some of the problems from here. i dont know the name of the website but i joined this morning cause Ralph asked me to. im staying here though and dont plan on leaving. no Mike, some shit went down between Ralph and Jeff and they got banned and it caused a bunch of drama, some members got mad and they left except for there specific vehicle forum.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
To my knowledge, both the bans were lifted and no one else is under suspension as a result of the new forum.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Elvis said:
To my knowledge, both the bans were lifted and no one else is under suspension as a result of the new forum.
I do not believe our fearless leader is would suspensioned anyone if they are on a different forum because that would be silly.
And really, can you see anyone from NYC, care what anyone writes about them

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
ill be exlapining things in a little bit ...im kinda upset here ....nothing turned out how i planned and now i guess i look like a traitor ...

id rather explain here to you guys then the whole forums ....

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
i dont think you look like a traitor...the bumps will smooth out and everyone will be happy.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Heres the deal.....

One night i was talking to ralph via email. I had been wanting to make my own forums for awhile. Not to compete with sal but , just to have my own place with no rules or need for finical backing. The plan was to gather all my freinds together and all there freinds. It seemed like a neat concept. A forum 100% composed to people who are connected to eachother outside the internet. The early core group was to be the lounge lizzards. From there i wanted each of them to have a freind show up. I even brought in the best freind i ever had , from my military days. Some of my internet freinds and hotrod apprently werent freinds and were out for blood , mainly mine. Rumors began to cirulate , i contacted sal.

Early on i wanted to keep it hidden from this place , i wasnt sure how sal would take it and if he would see it as competition . I kept it quiet for a whopping 30 minutes apprently ....At 48 hours is when i contacted sal to let him know what i was doing , in my words. This was the point i found out he knew....I figured id explain before anyone lost there temper or did anything brash

Early Into the first night ralph made a comment about this place being full of biggots or something. Its one of those things. You prolly have a freind that opend his mouth a little to much but instead of correcting them you just nod and smile. Most times it goes right away. So when i "agreed" with ralph , and the converation ended i thought "hey this works". So thats how i ran things , agreeing and hopeing it would go away. I said a few things last night there i regret but i was angry that people were destroying something i made , i was pretty proud that a guy like me who knows nothing about computers coulda make his own site ....

I really didnt want the place heavily modded and enforced , we had no rules. I allowed the responsility to be handed to the memebers. But now i know that ultimately i am resonisble. Which sucks ....But im very uneducated about this sort of thing ...

It was going to be another one of my sucesses ,ultimately it became a collasal failure ....And i pulled the plug ....

I dont know if ill ever try it again ....

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so wait, that Camp Stone forum didnt work out? i just joined this morning, awaiting a conformation email. i dont think of you as a traitor, i was just wondering why that one was opened and why i was told i needed to join and that Sal would allow me to go to both forums. is Ralph's ban lifted also? that would be cool, we need to get the family back together, and im not talking about my sig, im talking about the people i have spent that last year and a half getting to know and becoming friends with. all this drama has tore everyone apart...

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
you were told you NEEDED to join ???????? no one needed to , i was told in the end that i had folks PMing all over this board , in what i would call "recruiting" , perhaps i figured folks would have some common sense but i guess not ....i guess i had to make it more clear that i didnt want trouble here and didnt want the PMs going on ....perhaps the mass email i sent out days ago never went ?

someone tell me how bad was this on the other side ? what all was done ? no wonder rumors were flying

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stoneage_Caddy said:
you were told you NEEDED to join ???????? no one needed to , i was told in the end that i had folks PMing all over this board , in what i would call "recruiting" , perhaps i figured folks would have some common sense but i guess not ....i guess i had to make it more clear that i didnt want trouble here and didnt want the PMs going on ....perhaps the mass email i sent out days ago never went ?

someone tell me how bad was this on the other side ? what all was done ? no wonder rumors were flying
well i dont want to say much but i was told that Sal wouldnt let anyone from your site here and that i needed to join the site. it was recruiting in a sense, MC told me about it first, he just said join the site with the rest of us. but i was told that B's pms got erased by Sal about anything to do with the site and a whole bunch of other things similar to that. yeah, rumors must have been flying. i never got an email btw.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Everybody. I apologize for the emails you've been getting from Ralph. He's a little bent out of shape from being banned. It's a long story. Just so you know, I'm not going crazy about their forum (which I see now is down). I'm not angry at people for visiting that forum. The statements Ralph made about me reading people's PMs (I can actually prove that I have not via weblogs) and causing trouble (trashing everyone, boo-hooing) and whatever else he said - are all lies. Here is the message I posted over on their site. You be the judge...

Sal Collaziano said:
Does anyone find it strange that I won't allow people to link to a site that demeans me? Please. Raise your hand. I mean - hey - this is your site. You can do whatever you want with it. But don't expect me to hold up a flag or be okay with people (on my own site) private messaging one another to join a site that demeans me. Of course I changed the link. You can email everyone on your own but don't try and use my own system against me.

That being said, I'm glad you guys have this site. It'll keep a lot of the "fluff" off of my site. Not saying that "fluff" is a bad thing, but my site is supposed to be about Cadillacs first, and general discussion way down the road somewhere. There's not an ounce of my being that feels this site is competing with mine. You're competition lies with sites like offtopic.com...

I think this can become a very nice place for people to just hang out, be themselves, not have to worry about rules or sponsors or any of that nonsense. And I honestly believe this will become a thriving community - something everyone can enjoy. But keep it fun. Keep it positive. When people come here, you want them to see the better sides of all of you. Not the nagging, name-calling, pissed-off aura that everyone generally tries to avoid.

Oh and one other thing. Since Ralph said I'd never apologize.. I AM sorry for what happened. I'm sorry that Ralph was "dragged through the mud" and I understand that I have a part in that. I didn't mean for things to work out the way they did - I just wanted PEACE, once and for all, on CadillacOwners.com.. I thought I could FORCE that to happen, but I was wrong.

When you have to do your best to please all of the people all of the time (which is impossible, by the way) - especially when you have a very large amount of people to deal with, it's very difficult. Yes, I could have simply banned HRS - but there was a whole league of people pressuring me not to do so - and coming up with valid reasons NOT TO every day. Some of you think it's so simple. Just ban HRS and be done with it. Well, I hope you never have to be put into a situation where I was - one that would have made half the people happy, and half the people angry.

Anyway. I said my piece. I'm sorry, Ralph. I've said it many times, I think you're a great guy and someone who I'd certainly have a great friendship with in person. Unfortunately, things don't always work out the way you plan - or even for the best. Such is life. I'm only human. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes...

You all have a happy holiday. Yes, it's that time of year again...

Sal C.
I'll get back here as soon as I can - to read through this thread and discuss it more with you. All I had time for now was to set this straight. I do need to add that I hope you all notice how Mike (Stoneage) is still a member of our team. I have not lost confidence in him or respect for him in any way. I honestly believe that him starting his forum was in good, positive interests.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Just to clear things up. We have plenty of members here that are still (or were, before the site came down) members there. Boombotz is even a moderator here and a member there.. So is NightWolf. LittleB is a member of both. Heck, I think there were about 15-20 members there who were members of both. That was a bunch of horsepoo that I'd "allow" anyone to do anything. It's a free country. You can do whatever you want..

That being said, Ralph is still banned and whether he returns is purely up to him. Through all of this, I have not lost respect for Ralph and I would still like to be friends. However, he has set his battle to be with me now. He considers me his enemy. If we can work that out, then we'll be fine.

I haven't received a single PM with ANYBODY saying how I was wrong for doing what I did regarding the Ralph/HRS incident. I would not say that so boldly if it were not true. I know people talk. I have not recieved a single PM or Email stating that I made a mistake with the Ralph / HRS ordeal.

However, I have received emails and PMs in abundance, thanking me, for doing exactly what I did. With the overwhelming amount of support I've had, I obviously feel I did the right thing. Still, I apologized to Ralph (in public). And what do I get in return? Well, you saw in the emails he sent you...

Like I said, the bottom line is, I don't hate Ralph. I don't hold grudges. And I'll do whatever I can to help Stoney get a great site/forum up and running once and for all.. I understand where he's coming from - it's fun - especially when there's no business-like atmosphere involved. Mike, just say the word and I'll do whatever I can to help you out. You SHOULD have a forum. It IS fun...

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sal there is no need to apologize for the emails. i dont know why or for what reason those got started. not that i believed all of them, but i joined that site so i could talk to Ralph and all them again. like i stated before... I will remain loyal to this place and dont plan on leaving. i might have to let my supporting membership status run out as i am not going to be on here much, work is killing me and the holidays are coming up... my busiest time of the year. its when everyone wants to off themselves and guess who gets to put up with their pity parties... thats right ME. im sorry Mike's site didnt last, please Mike if you start another one please let me know personally. i am gonna email Ralph tomorrow or monday and see if i cant talk him into apologizing and if its ok with Sal maybe letting him back in?

also Sal, i am gonna need you help starting up my own site... its not a forum but i would like for you to link it to the forum. i am starting a Cadillac club out here and am going to try to get a site up. if you could possibly help me start it or create the page it would be much appreciated. i dont know anything about making sites or anything. it is just gonna be a Car Club site with pictures and info on joining and all that, but the forum section, please link it here if you dont care. just hit me up through PM and we'll discuss it further if you dont care to help me out.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I can confirm that EVERY word Sal has posted is 100% true.

Stoney, my friend, you got sucked in just like I did. Ralph is also my friend and I supported him even when I knew he was wrong and had gone overboard. But he reached my limit when he began posting lies about Sal and this place.

Stoney, I'm sorry your idea backfired. It probably would have worked under different circumstances, and maybe the next time you try it, it will work. Good luck. Maybe next time I can come play too. I really admire what you're doing now, trying to make things right. It takes a big man to do that.

Sal visited the new forum, "hat in hand" and gave Ralph exactly what he had been demanding all along--an apology. It was sincere, you've read it above. What part of "I'm sorry" and "I was wrong" went misunderstood?

Instead, Sal's apology was rejected AND deleted. It was as if Ralph didn't want anyone knowing the truth or reading the other side of the story. That was a huge disappointment to me.

I've kept quiet about all this until now, and I've watched how Sal has responded to everything. It's been first class all the way, and above all, HONEST.

I was invited twice to join the new forum, but I didn't because I knew I couldn't hold my tongue either over there, or here. Yeah, I was one of those "guests" who was lurking, but I wasn't jumping up and down or boo-hooing about it. I hate seeing people who were once online "friends" become suspicious of one another over something so trivial and meaningless. So I quit lurking, deleted the link and the e-mails.

This is ENTERTAINMENT. It's supposed to be fun and informative. NBC can't prevent you from watching CBS, and they won't ban you from ever coming back if you watch "Desperate Housewives." Cadillac Forums is the same way.

Go where you want, do what you want, but understand that you're not going to read any in-depth (excuse the pun) lectures on anal sex here. You'll have to go somewhere else for that.

The water is much clearer now. Let's go back to having fun and enjoying each other's online "company."

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts