Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that he's got 2 red marks and that says "he's off the scale" or something to that affect. When I went to the member list, he doesn't show up. Matter of fact, nobody with more than one red mark shows up apparently. So the question is, what happens once you sink to the level of 2 red marks? You automatically get banned? If so, for how long? How do you come back? CAN you come back? All interesting questions.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
his usergroup currently shows as banned, as to the rest of your questions, I have no idea

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well damn, that was fast huh? Should've done this a while ago. I guess that puts an end to the HRS/Ralph issue? We can only hope. And judging by the disparity between the reputations of the two, I'd say the group feels Ralph is a great guy and Jeff is not. I'm glad it turned out this way. It's exactly the way I feel about the two of them.
Congrats Ralph!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
That is why I laughed at the original thread in the lounge where Sal announces this feature.
I knew something like that was gonna happen.

Don't you find amusing that members like Ranger have only one green square, and newbie giggling chicks have 5 or 6 ???

I am not pleased, but I don't really care anyway.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While I agree there's a potential for abuse, I think overall this may produce good results. I mean look at what's happened in just a couple days.
Trouble makers are getting labeled and banned and some truely good guys are getting the recognition they deserve.
Maybe it would be a good thing to have the Admin. oversee the system and in that way a gang mentality won't be able to just indiscriminately ban people at will. Matter of fact, I'm thinking why not make it so nobody can get banned virtually over night? Nobody should be able to go from member in good standing to banned in a short period of time unless there's ample evidence that it is TRUELY deserved.
I think we need to get more information on the inner workings of the system, the parameters so to speak so we can make more educated conversation about what can, can't, should, and shouldn't happen with respect to this reputation system.
What's everyone else think?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
IMO the system should not ban automatically. It should send a message to the admins when a member has reached a critical point. Then a revision of the case ensues and a decision is taken.

Otherwise, I could ask my friends to massively give bad rep to ban and keep banned whomever I consider my enemy. That is what I don't like but I may be mistaken about the way it works.

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
The system is automatically going to rework itself as more reputation gets handed out. The points system will continue to improve itself based on averages. Bans can be undone if members continue to give that person positive rep points. So bans can very easily be temporary to say "be careful - bad behavior will not be tolerated".

Do realize that there will be, from time to time, the possibility for one member to have enough power to ban somebody from the community single-handedly. However, every 24 hours the system is re-evaluated to prevent this from happening. I agree with this as it should not be possible for any one person to decide whether or not a member can exist.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
D148L0 said:
and newbie giggling chicks have 5 or 6 ???
I am not pleased
People don't have to be here long before others can tell if they are friendly or not, or for others to like them. Like Sal said in the feedback section, "if they are well liked..." I have no problem giving Megan points because she is well liked by many, and there are too few women on board. When there is a flaming troll on board, they will simply not get the points. It's as simple as that.

HRS not being able to vote has finally made my comments box nice without insult!

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
LOL ....

hey whoever let him back in again , PISS ON YOU .....:nono:

this is wonderful him draggin up old threads and shit ....

In or out ....cuz all this shit is doing is making that bastard worse , and its gonna piss me off ....remeber , WE dont want that

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
hey whoever let him back in again , PISS ON YOU .....:nono:
I think it was Sal, dude.

Ralph, Stoney; on one hand I like the fact that HRS and a lot others will have to moderate themselves and be respectful towards other members.
I also like the chance to recognize the value of people.

What I don't like is for it to be taken it as a game, or something funny. Dudes, it looks like you guys and boombotz are in 6th grade! You get my point? If respected members (like you Ralph) and specially moderators don't take the thing seriously, nobody will. And the good things of it will be lost.

So I mantain my position: no matter how nice she may be, she does not contribute to the forums as much as somebody like Ranger, or He Whose Name Shall Not Be Named (Bbnskisomething), or dozens like them, not even close. Thus, she should have no more weight than them.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
hey whoever let him back in again , PISS ON YOU
he probably got back on as a product of us changing the scoring. It was too easy to ban someone. Another member got banned from 1 negative comment.

Just cause rep is working, does not mean members can break the rules and expect no consequences other than bad rep points.

As far as the same 4-5 people throwing rep back and forth everyday, it does mess with the system a bit. But in reality, there is a maximum that can be reached, so it shouldnt be a big deal.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
D148L0 said:
I think it was Sal, dude.
Ralph, Stoney; on one hand I like the fact that HRS and a lot others will have to moderate themselves and be respectful towards other members.
I also like the chance to recognize the value of people.
What I don't like is for it to be taken it as a game, or something funny. Dudes, it looks like you guys and boombotz are in 6th grade! You get my point.
yah i sure do get your point , really appricate that BUDDY.....

Ive brought more to this place than you give credit for , even helped you , im the single best resource for 94-95 info , ive busted my ass for this place ....i deserved a little more than what i just got there, i really did ...

I dont give a damn about them ****in green bars JACK ....hell gimme some negeitive for this post , by all means if it makes you feel beatter ....

Heres the deal , i dont want hotrod here , as far as it goes with me , hes NOT WELCOME , tired of his shit , im tired of him and ralph gettin into it , im tired of what hes doing tonight , draggin up 2 funkin year old thread so he can whine like he has been and INVITE someone into it with him ....

so i have a little fun int he lounge , what is it a ****in crime now ? where the hell do you get off pal , i dont see you with ANYWHERE NEAR the technical posts i do , let alone the rest of the people here that honestly respect me ....In fact i bet the vast majoirty of your posts were in that damned CI ...

6th grade..... kiss my ass ...thanks , your the one that pissed me off ....and betrayed me .....

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Brett said:
he probably got back on as a product of us changing the scoring. It was too easy to ban someone. Another member got banned from 1 negative comment.
Just cause rep is working, does not mean members can break the rules and expect no consequences other than bad rep points.
As far as the same 4-5 people throwing rep back and forth everyday, it does mess with the system a bit. But in reality, there is a maximum that can be reached, so it shouldnt be a big deal.
thats cool brett , thankx for clairfying that for me ....jumped the gun

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
D148L0 said:
Dudes, it looks like you guys and boombotz are in 6th grade! If respected members (like you Ralph) and specially moderators don't take the thing seriously, nobody will.
Nothing has changed in the lounge, personality wise.

Dude, HRS is NOT taking the system seriously by leaving snide comments in my comment box, is he?? Or rating Stony and I negatively over NOTHING and trivial issues for simply responding to someone. In case you hadn't noticed he is reviving all these old threads, and kissing azz to people that WERE NOT AROUND NOW FOR YEARS to earn points, like KC to make others think he has friends. And how often is Wes around anymore anyway. I think I know who isn't taking it seriously or not.....

As for Boombotz and I "not taking it seriously" or acting like we are in the 6th grade, SO WHAT! I haven't noticed ANY change in our personalities in the lounge for example, because threads like the RR thread were around for a long time now and we have fun there, we do not insult others there. And we are NOT going around flaming or flame baiting others or driving them all away from this forum. It shows that we are friendly, fun-loving people that should make newbs feel welcome if anything and you as an old chum are more than welcome to give me some dating advice, etc. in one of the lounge threads if you desire. Last time I checked, the lounge is there for those who appreciate it as a place to unwind after a long days work....if that's called childish, then so be it. This is a non-issue. If we like someone we can vote for them, democratic isn't it. Too bad you have issue with my personality in the lounge, just skip over my posts then.

I don't think HRS crying "FOUL" is very mature, so who is really acting like they are in 6th grade??

I guess I would personally rather be labelled "childish and friendly" than "Trollish Flame Baiter," if given that choice.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Well well well, it would seem that we have a leak in Fight Club. Here is what HRS just posted and it is what we have just been talking about here in this thread.......

"It helps identify the members of the clique, and the one who won't follow the lead girl. "-HRS

"When my 24 hours are up and if I'm still here, you get points for being an adult. "-HRS

HOW COULD he know?? THAT is the question.....

Explain..

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
107 Replies
10 Participants
Lord Cadillac