Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really anal about my vehicles. Always have been. Owning a vette has only made me more so. I'm probably buying a CTS as a new daily driver. I don't want dealer prep. I don't want paint protectant. I don't want to get my car back with the worksheet saying "unable to duplicate problem." I don't want to get in my car after service with some whacko radio station blaring, a bunch of plastic and paper protectors left in the car, and grease on the steering wheel. And I certainly never, ever want the dealer to wash the car. Now, are Cadillac dealers better than other GM dealers at handling, um, particular individuals like me?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Depends on the dealer. My Cadillac service dept. is just as wonderful as the people out front (sales). Usually I'm walked to the car and the door is opened by the service manager while he talks about the service. I've never seen anything like you mentioned, (did or could) happen.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I work for a Saturn dealer and we treat people better than the service departments of the three Cadillac dealers that I've dealt with. Unfortunately, my place won't touch Caddys, so I do the non-warranty work myself.

·
Registered
06 STS AWD/00 STS
60 Posts
c5 rv said:
I'm really anal about my vehicles. Always have been. Owning a vette has only made me more so. I'm probably buying a CTS as a new daily driver. I don't want dealer prep. I don't want paint protectant. I don't want to get my car back with the worksheet saying "unable to duplicate problem." I don't want to get in my car after service with some whacko radio station blaring, a bunch of plastic and paper protectors left in the car, and grease on the steering wheel. And I certainly never, ever want the dealer to wash the car. Now, are Cadillac dealers better than other GM dealers at handling, um, particular individuals like me?
I Had vettes too, and understand and dislike mechanics that you feel are going to be careless. I usually have a heart to heart talk with my dealers sevice manager,and explain to him how you feel about the situation. Nothing wrong with that. Give him a heads up.It works for the both of you.You are a very important customer to the service manager, especially when its time to fill out the C S I report in the mail from Cadillac after they do any work to your car.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Having dealt with 2 different dealerships in two different states i would say dont buy a cadillac if that kind of service is what you expect....im just as demanding (although i do want my car to be washed before it is given back to me) and i have yet to find a cadillac service department able to do such work.....maybe someday

To give you an example i took my cts in for some work in atlanta and they charged me 60 dollars for a mobil 1 oil change, no big deal, they forgot to take out the foot things, they didnt push the reset button for the oil, they didnt take off my old time to get an oil change window sticker and they didnt put a new one on.

They also had to trace a bose sound system problem, and an air conditioner leak for the second time and they took apart my park assist without putting it back (i had to do that) and made a mess of my aftermarket wires running to my headrests, they sent out my head unit and swaped me into a new one and forget to take my cds out before they did this....im still waiting to get them back 3 weeks later....

·
Registered
06 STS AWD/00 STS
60 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Having dealt with 2 different dealerships in two different states i would say dont buy a cadillac if that kind of service is what you expect....im just as demanding (although i do want my car to be washed before it is given back to me) and i have yet to find a cadillac service department able to do such work.....maybe someday

To give you an example i took my cts in for some work in atlanta and they charged me 60 dollars for a mobil 1 oil change, no big deal, they forgot to take out the foot things, they didnt push the reset button for the oil, they didnt take off my old time to get an oil change window sticker and they didnt put a new one on.

They also had to trace a bose sound system problem, and an air conditioner leak for the second time and they took apart my park assist without putting it back (i had to do that) and made a mess of my aftermarket wires running to my headrests, they sent out my head unit and swaped me into a new one and forget to take my cds out before they did this....im still waiting to get them back 3 weeks later....
What happened to you is totally wrong by the dealer. Your service writer is at fault for not double checking the work preformed by the mechanic.The problem needs to be addressed to the service manager to be corrected and owe you an apology. :worship:
I would be highly upset too! All that is totally uncalled for.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
I only have experience with one Cadillac dealer. Sarant Cadillac here in New York - where they treat you like gold.. If you were here, you'd be happy...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts