Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the dealer lot on Sunday and saw a Mocha with Shale/Brownstone SRX. I loved it! I'm 58. I showed a picture to my son, age 28. He said, "Dad that's an old man's color. Get black or silver". I asked him if grey would be OK and he said yes. So are the brown shades looked down upon nowadays? I'm an earthtone guy. I realize though I have no ability to pick room colors, so I'm just as bad on car colors. Am I out of date on this issue? Be brutally honest about this to me. :yup:

·
Registered
2011 SRX LUX Radiant Silver Metallic 3.0AWD
65 Posts
The morning I went back to the dealer to start the paperwork, the salesguy told me that they had just received the Mocha colored one in. It was sitting outside, cleaned up and I have to admit, it looked awefully good! Hey, I think you should buy whatever color you want and forget about the 'old age' inferrances to colors, etc. Just sayin'

·
Registered
2011 SRX AWD Premium
24 Posts
I just got my Mocha Steel on Saturday. I'm 46, considered old I guess on some fronts. Everyone who has seen it states they love the color. In the rainy NW, I wanted a color that doesn't show dirt as much. It also makes the chrome wheels and chrome accents pop nicely. Good luck, so far I love my new ride!

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
1,817 Posts
I would have a few choice words for your son, but I'll respect the fact that he is your son. My wife told me that wood trim on the interior was for old men. Well, I guess I'll just be an old man then, because I love the Sapele wood accents. Is your son paying for the car? Of course not. Colors are purely subjective. It's your car. Get whatever color turns "you" on. Personally, I think the mocha is very rich looking and complements the shale/brownstone interior well. Just my .02 on the matter.

Sube

·
Registered
2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX
173 Posts
For those of us in our 50s, remember back to the muscle cars of the 70s that were painted lime green, purple, orange etc? If that is what is considered youthful, I think most of us will pass. For what it`s worth, I don`t consider brown to be a geezer color. Like Sube, I really like my Sapele wood. I would have liked a bit more on it as a matter of fact. Buy what makes you and your wife most happy

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
WHAT?! I consider myself a "young" man, and i love the Mocha color. i also really like wood accents.

on the other hand i HATE silver cars...
silver to me is for someone who wants a car, and just about any car would do.

·
Registered
2005 STS; 2011 SRX (Mocha)
64 Posts
Age is a state of mind, regulated by arthritis and loss of faculties. As you age,
you lose 10 of those faculties. 1. Your hearing starts to fade; 2. Your eyesight
gets a bit dimmer; 3. Your memory starts to go; 4. ...Uhh, I forgot what the
other seven are!
Mocha Steel Metallic/Brownstone interior is simply fabulous. I had my 2011 SRX
delivered last August. First one on the block. Get favorable comments wherever
I go! My 24 year old grandson would give his eye tooth for one of that color.
I am 83! Go for it!

·
Registered
2005 STS; 2011 SRX (Mocha)
64 Posts
Speaking of memory, I do not recall if I have posted the invoice for
my first new car. It was a two-tone green Chevrolet Deluxe.
You may be interested in the "sticker price"! Actually, this was my
second vehicle. In 1946, I purchased an U. S. Army surplus Jeep
for (drum roll, please) Four Hundred Dollars! It was like new, and
I sold it three years later for $1300.00 to some hunters for their
deer camp.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac SRX FWD Performance
10 Posts
I'm 34 and I have a 2011 Mocha steel metallic performance SRX, and I personally think the color is actually very progressive and modern. In in-direct sunlight it takes on a gun-metal grey or pewter color. In direct sunlight more of the brown tones come out. I love the color of the car and would not want any other color in my car. I think GM did a very good job with this color-and I think that you should get whatever you like...especially if it's mocha steel metallic! :yup:

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe
2,005 Posts
..........on the other hand i HATE silver cars...
From Road and Track Magazine and Dupont:

According to DuPont’s annual “Color Popularity Report,” silver remains the most popular choice worldwide. However, more shocking colors are making inroads. “We’re seeing a rise in purple globally,” says Lockhart. “Orange has also been a color space that has really taken notice the last five years.”

or read this, released yesterday:

http://www.buyingadvice.com/auto-buying-tips/popular-car-colors/

Horse........don't quit your day job. :lildevil:

PJ

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Well, to be truthful... my friends (and me included) all seem to think that any Gold or Brown coloured vehicle's are "old persons" colours, and essentially don't pay them a second glance.
Now having said that, the Mocha Steel Metallic colour is done well for a shade of Brown. And the SRX's lines accentuate it too. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
WHAT?! I consider myself a "young" man, and i love the Mocha color. i also really like wood accents.

on the other hand i HATE silver cars...
Ouch! This is the FIRST silver car I've ever owned (at age 59), everything else being black or a variant of black! My friends were laying odds that I wouldn't come home with anything other than black he! he!. This color just looks dripping wet when clean. Ok, I'm done ranting! ;)

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
Well, to be truthful... my friends (and me included) all seem to think that any Gold or Brown coloured vehicle's are "old persons" colours, and essentially don't pay them a second glance.
Now having said that, the Mocha Steel Metallic colour is done well for a shade of Brown. And the SRX's lines accentuate it too. :D
Would someone please tell me what's wrong with old people's choices? You know, everyone's gonna be there sooner or later. :cookoo:

·
Registered
SRX
41 Posts
Sometimes the color is also dictated by what part of the country you live in.....IF south and warm in the summer, darker colors do absorb the heat a little more...that is why you usually see a lot of white cars and silver....my $.02

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
From Road and Track Magazine and Dupont:

According to DuPont’s annual “Color Popularity Report,” silver remains the most popular choice worldwide. However, more shocking colors are making inroads. “We’re seeing a rise in purple globally,” says Lockhart. “Orange has also been a color space that has really taken notice the last five years.”

or read this, released yesterday:

http://www.buyingadvice.com/auto-buying-tips/popular-car-colors/

Horse........don't quit your day job. :lildevil:

PJ
at the same time, alot of cars nowadays are appliances for the people who arent car enthusiasts. car enthusiasts are a minority now, doesnt it make sense then that toyota is currently at or near the top and silver is the most popular color?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well there's a real stretch of logic for you.................................

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
im not saying that everyone who picks silver is boring and not a car enthusiast, im saying that silver white and beige are very "safe" and "inconspicuous" colors.

but again, im not saying if you have any of those colors youre automatically not a car enthusiast. as a matter of fact, i had a cashmere (beige) deville and have a white allante and i consider myself an enthusiast.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
How does that put anything to rest? All it does is say the same things the other links said,"people buy silver more" . I never said silver didnt sell well, i said it was a boring color for appliance cars. Even the article you linked says "(yawn) silver".

Whats so hard to grasp about what im saying?

The toyota camry outsells the camaro and the corvette...not because its a better or funner car but because its a normal everyday yawnmobile. People buy camrys, enthusiasts buy corvettes and camaros

Sent from my Dell Streak

1 - 20 of 35 Posts