Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 CTS Sport Coupe, 2000 Carrera GT3, 2013 Jetta
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber on the inside door handle (where you pull the door shut) seems to be chipping off on the topside, revealing a shiny sub surface. I *think* it may be that my cuff links rub across this area when I rest my left arm on the arm rest - however it is worse on the passenger side, (finger nails?). It really looks cheap and tacky now. I've had the car six months. Is this a warranty item or a "wear" (out of luck) item? It looks like this part is removeable so if it is not covered I might repalce them - but there must be a better material then this matte finish that will most likely keep wearing and chipping.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
Mine is the same way. I think the black rubbery pull is only on non-Luxury / non-Luxury Sport models. Mine only has the Sport option - no woodgrain pulls.

Anyway, it is at the dealer currently for a whiny / binding rear end, the door pull, and a noisy clockspring in the steering wheel (makes a clicking sound when you turn the wheel). Initially I was told that the clockspring sound was normal, but after I told him to grab 6 keys from the sales floor for any new model Cadillac to see if it is normal they said they would order a new clockspring. The handle is under warranty and will be replaced - probably with the same one that peels.

I'm not sure what is on the V, but I do not want woodgrain on my all black interior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts