Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 eldorado biarritz convertible
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i recently brought home my new to me 06 3.6l with 66k miles. i usually do all the fluids when aqcuiring a new vehicle. i did a drain / fill with mobil1 synth atf and filter. the fluid was a bit dirty and the filter looked like it was time. there was the usual coating of slime on the magnet in the pan. the past couple of days i have been noticing some slightly odd downshifting and sometimes when coming to a stop, i will feel what feels like the trans shifting down the last couple of gears( maybe 10 seconds after being compeletely stopped. should i try doing a hard reset on the ECM / TRANs computer to see if the trans will adapt to the new fluid? i had pretty much thought 66k was not high milage for this type of service

also , would it help to add a trans additive? any of that trans -medic stuff etc etc?

·
Registered
03 CTS (Dead), 06 3.6 CTS(Sold), 07 CTS-V
1,503 Posts
i recently brought home my new to me 06 3.6l with 66k miles. i usually do all the fluids when aqcuiring a new vehicle. i did a drain / fill with mobil1 synth atf and filter. the fluid was a bit dirty and the filter looked like it was time. there was the usual coating of slime on the magnet in the pan. the past couple of days i have been noticing some slightly odd downshifting and sometimes when coming to a stop, i will feel what feels like the trans shifting down the last couple of gears( maybe 10 seconds after being compeletely stopped. should i try doing a hard reset on the ECM / TRANs computer to see if the trans will adapt to the new fluid? i had pretty much thought 66k was not high milage for this type of service

also , would it help to add a trans additive? any of that trans -medic stuff etc etc?
Congrats on the buy. I changed mine at 104k miles...and I believe most people try to aim for 60..

This car does have engine breaking...so that could be the downshifts your feeling while slowing down.

As far as shifting while stopped...idk. maybe someone else will chime in

1 - 2 of 2 Posts