Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (some show and some go!)
607 Posts
caddycruiser said:
On the other hand, sometimes the 4L60E in our '04 Suburban shifts oddly and has the occasional thud,
My Coworker drives a 03' or 04' GMC Sierra 1.2 ton that he got new, pretty much from day 1 he heard strange tranny thumps when shifting into gears.

He took it in to the dealership and they said that it is natural in that model year, kinda of a "whoops" thing on GM's part, but not to worry about it since it isn't harmful to the tranny. So he's slowly getting used to the noise as best he can......

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
BCs71 said:
My Coworker drives a 03' or 04' GMC Sierra 1.2 ton that he got new, pretty much from day 1 he heard strange tranny thumps when shifting into gears.
He took it in to the dealership and they said that it is natural in that model year, kinda of a "whoops" thing on GM's part, but not to worry about it since it isn't harmful to the tranny. So he's slowly getting used to the noise as best he can......
Yep, that sounds just like what I've read and been told. Ours really is smooth and snaps off shifts very well, it's just always had a weird 1-2 shift if you're light on the throttle, and that's the only one. And, like I said, our Avalanche was completely smooth and "thud-free" from day one, so it made me wonder if something really had changed or not, particularly in the programming.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts