Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS- with Luxury Group
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered that my new IPOD will hook up to the AUX connections in the console and play through the sound system. Just had to get a connector cable with the appropriate connections through Best Buy. Happy New Year! :bouncy:

·
Registered
2008 STS 1-SG, traded in 2005 STS4 1-SG
85 Posts
I got my wife the iPod connector from Best Buy for Christmas so she can listen to her iPod on the (rare) occasions she drives my car.
Disadvantage: It's a little distracting to surf the iPod while driving.

We listened to a downloaded a Book-on-iPod(?) (and Bluesville) on a four day, 1,400 mile road trip from Georgia through Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and back to HotLanta between Christmas and New Year's.

Best part of the trip? The last hour of the 690 mile Atlanta-Tuscaloosa (don't ask)-northern Kentucky run with the radio OFF, running 80+ on a perfect interstate, wifey snoozing... the silence was palpable.

Second best party of the trip? Daylight running with headlights and fog lamps on so the Ramblers knew we were coming and just moved over. (Ever seen an STS in your rear-view mirror? It's BAD)

Third best part of the trip? The clueless tuners rabbiting past into ticket-dom (or is that ticket-dumb?). Yes, you fast, pea-shooter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
05STSWOW said:
I got my wife the iPod connector from Best Buy for Christmas so she can listen to her iPod on the (rare) occasions she drives my car.
Disadvantage: It's a little distracting to surf the iPod while driving.
We listened to a downloaded a Book-on-iPod(?) (and Bluesville) on a four day, 1,400 mile road trip from Georgia through Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and back to HotLanta between Christmas and New Year's.
Best part of the trip? The last hour of the 690 mile Atlanta-Tuscaloosa (don't ask)-northern Kentucky run with the radio OFF, running 80+ on a perfect interstate, wifey snoozing... the silence was palpable.
Second best party of the trip? Daylight running with headlights and fog lamps on so the Ramblers knew we were coming and just moved over. (Ever seen an STS in your rear-view mirror? It's BAD)
Third best part of the trip? The clueless tuners rabbiting past into ticket-dom (or is that ticket-dumb?). Yes, you fast, pea-shooter.
I thought the same thing. Buy a remote control for your iPod. It is wireless, and have a small gadget in your hand that you can just rew, fwd, volume up/down, etc. without having to look at your iPod. Works great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I keep my iPod in the center console. Make sure you get an RF transimtter instead of IR. RF can go through objects and does not have to point directly to the iPod. On the other hand, IR can not go through objects and you would have to point the remote to the iPod's line of site, and the iPod can not reside in your center console.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had AL & Eds hardwire my ipod to the assec.(used from an ipod car lighter charger) and the headphone connector into the video input in armrest. We needed to include a volume turbo adapter since Cadillac regulated the volume for the video. I use a flex-bar w/cradle. no wires! out of the way! easily accessible! My ipod Rocks..... Good luck! Total cost after ipod $500

1 - 10 of 10 Posts