Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
04 cts
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm lookin to hook up an ipod jack. I have an 04 3.6 with no nav but I do have xm. I wanted to do the simple install with splicing the jack into the xm harness that I seen on a thread but I'm just wondering how the sound quality is and which method is best? Thanks

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
In the european version there are Video and audio in plugs that run through the TV-module that must be the same hook up as the XM module (although you need to create your own plug in in the XM).
The sound is good, but since it is a direct aux-in you need to take any equalizer effect out and take the bass out of the iPod sound settings.

·
Registered
04 cts
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey how do u wire that 3 plug jack would 1 wire each go to left right and common? is it that easy or is it more involved

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
that is a euro version of the CTS, that is why he has the 3 audio/video wires in the arm rest (they come with the Euro CTS)

·
Registered
2006 CTS 3.6L
89 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS '06
65 Posts
Anyone know the answer to my previous post? I am strongly considering getting one and don't want to waste the money/time if it's not going to work. Thanks!

·
Registered
04 cts
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't see why it wouldn't work. from what ive read as long as you have xm the year won't matter. the color wires may be different but i believe the person whose thread i copied to do mine had an 05 and i have an 04.

·
Registered
2004 Cts
12 Posts
you could if you want install a plug setup like 70eldo shows, just have to find a jack you like and custom install it.
As far as sound quality I originally was using the FM/transmit set up and converted using my XM, a notable difference well worth the time
(20 minutes and $7) sounds pretty good.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/auxaud-noswitch/index.html (Not using XM service)
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/ipodkit/index.html (XM enabled)
hey do u kno if this will work in an 04 cts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts